shop lifts

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I would like to get my wife a 69 Camaro some day. Silver will be the color. If you have any more pictures of it, post them up if you don't mind.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
junky, I had my bowels out twice in 19 days...i've seen better ones that's for sure...MRHP, here are some filthy pics of the 69 you liked...I've not washed this car since I built it 4 years ago, it's gets hammered but apparently not cleaned...I didn't think it was so dirty until I too these pics...now I'm guilted into cleaning the camaros this weekend...this car is loaded with all the options...IMG_0637.JPGIMG_0638.JPGIMG_0639.JPGIMG_0640.JPGIMG_0641.JPGIMG_0642.JPG

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
i would be careful on beating on a two bolt 396. i had a 1968 camaro and went thru to bottom ends before
someone dropped off a four bolt 427. no more spun bearings. jmho jim

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
she's a 427 4 bolt roller motor jim, I mentioned that earlier in the thread...I agree with you, thrashing a 2 bolt main motor is a recipe for disaster...other than noticing the filthy condition of the car I see one of the local rodents enjoyed a few acorns on the intake...must have been the 2 meece that got stuck in the sticky trap the night I moved the car into my new shop...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
phil, are you asking me how tall the runway is from the floor when stowed or elevated or the height of the ramps where they meet the runway, I'm not sure I understand the question...they call the sections the tires set on a runway I'm told, a new one on me...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
phil, when the runway is all the way up but in the locks there is 79" of space, 88" if I elevate the runways over the top of the locks...Iowa guy, there's more under the hood of a restoration, I didn't install a smog system but what you see is what GM required for this application...the a/c does clutter up the bay...

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I like the way the p/s and a/c belts are set up.That little Sanyo compressor doesn't take up nearly as much space,weighs about half as much,draws much less power to drive than the "correct" a/c compressor that would be required for a stock appearing Frigidaire for that year car.A/C in a car in Florida is a mandentory option.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
don, I started off with an alan grove bracket assembly but had to make a few mods to make it work...I agree about a/c in florida...unless it's a trailer queen you gotta have cold air to survive...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
lucky for me my F150 has hinged mirrors...I pulled it up on the lift to change the oil and as I was pulling up the mirrors smacked the uprights...glad I was creeping along as nothing was damaged...gonna make me a jack plate with 2 bottle/air actuated jacks so I can lift the vehicle while on the lift...found them for $80 per jack, 20 ton rated...