shop truck

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A few pics of Barry's new shop truck. An interesting story that Barry can provide tomorrow.
dogs%20001_zpsvweg8sac.jpg

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Didn't think there were any old 3 doors that had not rusted out
Robert

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I bought this from one of my trailer customers in 1980 who was the second owner. I got the protecto plate and owners manual with it. I made three trips to California and put over a 100,000 miles on it with a lot of great memories. Sold it to a friend of mine in 1985 and he kept it till 6 mos. ago and called me to see if I wanted it back, which I did. Its now a 383 stroker with the same original top end with HEI dist. Turbo 350, front and rear air. When I went to transfer the title to my name the lady asked if I wanted new tags, and I said sure if you have one with 409 on it. She got up and went to all the other title clerks untill she found me one. My lucky day. So now I'm the 3rd and 5th owner. I'm just gonna drive it for now and maybe put a 409 in it later.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan, you guys are quite the craftsmen. That Blue One is really cool. I thought at first a Blazer with a fixed roof. "Very Nice"
Thanks Barry, the blazer has a shorter wheel base. This rig has the same wheel base as a Tahoe. It also has the factory buckets and if someone didn't know it looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor.