should i be worried

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Never do business with someone that will only accept money order as payment, zero recourse.
Another character that was banned here(although for different reasons) operates that way, ignitoboy (aka ignitionman)

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
Never do business with someone that will only accept money order as payment, zero recourse.
Another character that was banned here(although for different reasons) operates that way, ignitoboy (aka ignitionman)

Using a money order/the mail to defraud is a federal offense. Contact your local post office to file a complaint and you should also get the number of the Postal Inspection Service and contact them. That’s why you should keep the copy part of the money order.

Fuzz

MAGA

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Speaking of USPS, several years ago, I sent a car radio to California to be repaired. I think it needed some internal adjustment, but it wasn't damaged. I believe I insured it for about $300.00. Well, it arrived damaged. Some idiot put something very heavy on the box which crushed it and bent the control knobs to where they couldn't be fixed. I filed a claim. Boy, they don't like paying out. Had me jumping through hoops. Told them I'm retired, have all day every day, so I'm not going away. They did their best to discourage me and we finally settled for $275.00. Honestly, I don't have alot of confidence in them, Carmine.

skaz

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
this douchebag told me the package was returned to him(damaged) with my address unreadable
and that he would resend it me ,i replied that i better have a refund or the parts by friday july 12 or
i have his local police notified...........fyi..... local RCMP 104 3rd ave w hanna alberta ph# area code 403- 854 3391
whether it helps or not i'll be a dog on this pussy (no pun intended)
mailing address hanna rcmp PO BOX1209 HANNA ALBERTA T0J1P0...................OFFICE HOURS ..MONDAY-FRIDAY 8-430

perhaps more disgruntled and ripped off people should call

Last edited:

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Go for it!!!!!!!!! You're not the only one who's been lied to and or screwed over I hope that you either get your needed parts or your money back. He owes me about 500 dollars that I'll likely never see.

Junky

Well Known Member
I use a slightly different method when buying parts listed on the internet. I make the deal, and then find someone local to pick up the part and ship it to me. That person also looks over the part and pays the person in cash. I PayPal them the money as a gift, so they have no out of pocket expenses. Just bought a posi that way in SD. A friend that was about 5 miles away picked it up for me, and will be shipping it to me when he has time. If not, then we will be getting together this winter in Michigan, and can do the hand off then.

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
this douchebag told me the package was returned to him(damaged) with my address unreadable
and that he would resend it me ,i replied that i better have a refund or the parts by friday july 12 or
i have his local police notified...........fyi..... local RCMP 104 3rd ave w hanna alberta ph# area code 403- 854 3391
whether it helps or not i'll be a dog on this pussy (no pun intended)
mailing address hanna rcmp PO BOX1209 HANNA ALBERTA T0J1P0...................OFFICE HOURS ..MONDAY-FRIDAY 8-430

perhaps more disgruntled and ripped off people should call

He has a whole book of bullshit excuses

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I remember a guy that borrowed lots of money years ago ( about 250K total from about 8 people ). He had a Harley shop. Basically did the same thing. Borrow, steal, lie, cheat, etc. Drugs were the real problem there. Well, some people decided to go get paid. He didn't fare too well, and they reclaimed from the shop what they could. Criminals don't call cops. Wasn't a perfect ending, but better than a sharp stick in the eye. Just some thoughts :dunno

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
We had a loser like that when I was getting the original 409 Chevy Club that I had around 1977 until 1988. This guy found me scanning the ads in the Drag Scoop. That was a free paper given out at Orange County Raceway back in the day when you rolled through the gate.I listed some extra W motor stuff and he attached himself like a leech and wouldn't take the hint to get off. He worked in the laundry room at one of the County hospitals, and he had too much access to a phone with an outside line. He buddied up with some of the people that helped start the Club, and he wore them all out pretty quickly. He always claimed that he knew where to buy brand new forged pistons, new headers, new camshafts, replacement valves, and all kinds of stuff, but he never came through. He also never would tell what brand name any of these supposedly unobtainium parts were. He always wanted a deposit, then he would get a group order together,which never happened. He called Warner Headers in Oceanside, sold him a bill of goods, he made up I estimate 50 sets of headers for 58-64 cars, they were a good header, then said that you had to go through him to buy them to get some kind of a Club member deal. After a few months of BS, Warner called me and told me what was going on. Also, the Club deal was $40.00 off the catalog price, so you know he was trying to skim $40.00 for himself. When and if he ever ordered the headers through Warner, I never found out. Also, by this time, he tried to found a competing 409 Chevy Club called the National 409 Chevy Club, out of Long Beach. We were at the time the Southern California 409 Chevy Club, so Warner sent me a full page ad which I printed for free in my newsletter, the headers sold very well, the national club got cut out, and Doug Marion in Super Chevy printed a story about our Club racing at Orange County and included a list of parts suppliers,whereby we pulled the rug out from under this other guy. He was famous for describing parts for sale that he didn't have, wanting some money up front, and that was the end of it. I always told him to show me the item first, I gotta see it before I'll buy it, another thing he did was to call my members and tell them that he "knew where 409 parts, or a Z-11 short block is, or where there's a junkyard with five 409's in a shed,etc.etc.etc."and that was enough. At the end of that year, my last Newsletter, the Nov-December one, I wrote a total expose' on what a liar he is, what a fraud the National club in Long Beach was, and why he should be prosecuted for mail fraud.I then changed the name of my club to the 409 Chevy Club of America, which name it kept for the next 10 years. I looked him up on Google just for something to do one day, and all I found was his obituary from a few years previously. It described him to a T,except for a factual expose' of what kind of guy he was. It said that he died of natural causes at 66 years of age. Usually,natural causes for that kind of guy involves violence. At least we all found out that he finally got his.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
Moral of the story here with both individuals---some people tell a good story and have no morals.
1.Never buy from somebody who is a "go through guy" for somebody else.
2.Just because some guy wants to call you and sell you something,you have no obligation to him to waste your time listening to him or talk to him.
3.If the deal was any good,you would have known about it already.
4.Always demand to see the part or item for immediate cash purchase.No up front stuff. That's a liar for sure.
5.I had a member who joined us late and he used to write me long 4 or 5 page letters criticizing my tech info and general knowledge about everything as a whole. He wanted my home phone number, which I wouldn't give him. I had better things to do than talk on the phone 3 or 4 hours every night after work. Also, the time zone difference doesn't matter to these kind of people. When I joined this site, he had been posting the exact types of things he wrote me, and I saw that he had already been banned. He died a few years ago, as well.
6.Don't get too discouraged with somebody like these three. The ratio of good people on here and out there as a whole are about 100 to 1 anyway.
Bob, thank you for this Forum.I can imagine the personal satisfaction it gives you.You do a great job.

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
One other stunt this guy pulled-In spring of 1977,I purchased a 409 Biscayne 2 door sedan from a guy who had to get it out of his mother's garage. I got it for $200.00. The engine was complete but it hadn't run in 9 years. The last tags on the rear plate were dated 1969. The trans and shifter were gone, it had a Grant flame thrower distributor with two coils-one for each bank of cylinders,I guess. A bunch of Camaro parts came with it as well. My best buddy had just bought a '68 Camaro RS, so I gave him the parts in return for helping me. We hooked up a tow bar and towed the Biscayne from San Gabriel to Temple City where I then lived until I got married.( The trunk also included one extra 690 head). I located a mate for that for around $35.00. Problem was that the seller lost the pink, so we got a DMV bill of sale form which we legally signed. Then shyster from Long Beach showed up and just had to own it. We agreed on way too low a price, I didn't want to sell it, but he persisted and I caved. Still mad at myself for letting him pressure me into letting him take it. He brought part of the sale price,but needed to take the car so he could do a few things to it. Big mistake. I was going to give him a new DMV form from me to him but not until he finished paying for it. A month or so later, he had parted out a 62 Impala 2 door hardtop and he practically gave me the front fenders, doors, deck lid and hood which I picked up. He had disposed of the body even after I told him I wanted to see it. Some time later,he had the Biscayne running,new plates,etc. and he even drove it on the street some around Long Beach. How he got that when I still held all the paperwork is beyond me. I have a hunch he bought that second '62 as a running car, registered it to himself, got a pink, parted the car out, snagged the VIN tag and put it on the Biscayne.We had a falling out for him not paying for stuff, so I never saw him after that except when he drove it to Orange County Raceway when we had some 409 Chevy Club drags. I never thought to walk over, open the door, and check the VIN, but if there is a '62 Biscayne out there from Long Beach,California whose VIN starts with 21847XXX, that might be the car. The first number is the last number of the year, but 1847 designates a 62 Impala Sport Coupe with a V8 engine. I guess I'll never know what happened, but this scenario wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
When I was actively pursuing the purchase of a '57 Pontiac Star Chief, I came across two that piqued my interest. From reading many threads, postings on various sites, I knew what questions to ask. Where is the car physically located so that either I can look at it myself or it can be inspected by my representative?? Have the original title to the car available on this day also. Then I would ask for a unique pic of something on or to do with the car. If the car was legitimate, then no problem. If not, a red flag. Never heard from either of these people again. Also, one other thing. I purposely engage them in several emails, not only to memorialize our conversation, but to look at their verbiage. Sentence structure. Most of the time it is quite obvious they aren't even from this country. A statement contributed to PT Barnum during the mid 19th century, "a sucker born every minute and two to take him". Some say there is no truth that he even said this. I could care less about the author. I get the message loud and clear, Carmine.

skaz

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
i will make a trip to see him in person if i don't hear anything by friday
i used to collect debts and enjoyed it as well!!....anyone can message me personally with their missing parts as well!

Junky

Well Known Member
Many many years ago, when I first moved to Massachusetts, I brought with me a 1968 Pontiac LeMans Coupe that I bought from an insurance company as a recovered theft. I had the car sitting in the driveway for a few years, since I wasn't finished with putting it all back together, but it was together enough to make the drive from NJ to MA, and I had a NJ title for the car in my name. One day a fellow stopped by the house and rang the door bell, and asked if I would sell the car. This was around 1977 or 78, and I figured that I could use the money more than the car. We agreed on a price, and he said that he could give me half now, and the other half in a couple of months. I prepared a note for the balance, and told him that I was holding onto the title until it was paid off. When the car left the driveway, that was the last that I saw of him or the car. MA was a non title state back then, and all that I could assume was that he managed to get plates on the car, and I was screwed out of the money. Twenty years later, I see the car at a car show, and I engage the owner in conversation about the car and its history. He told me that he got the car from his older brother, who "restored" the car. I asked if he would consider selling the car, and he said if the price was right he would sell it. I then proceeded to get his information and I copied the VIN. I went home and checked the VIN against the title and the note that he signed. The note had 8% compound interest along with the original amount of the sale less the "deposit". A few days later I went to his house to pick up my car along with a police officer to help me repossess the car. He damn nearly had a heart attack when he learned how much money was owed on the car, and that his ownership was flawed. He promptly called his brother who finally admitted that he never finished paying for the car. After a little haggling, I finally made a settlement with the brother, and told him that I had to have it in cash within 7 days. He paid me off a lot more than what he had originally owed, but it was a lot less than what the note amounted to. If I wanted to be a real prick to him, I could have taken the car, but I didn't want to harm his brother who was innocent of any wrong doing. Now, if I could only find the '69 Z28 that was stolen from me in 1973!
The Pontiac was a yellow with a black roof, and a white gut, which was not a factory mix of colors, and that is why I recognized it. The original interior was black, and I replaced it with a white one from a wreck.