should i be worried

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Junky, do I understand your thread correctly?? You sold a car which you received half the money for and then allowed it to leave your property based on some type of promissory note for the remaining amount?? And you held the title until final payment was made, which it never was?? Everything I've ever read or have been told, said to get all the money before the car leaves the property. Guess that is great advice. Thanks for sharing your story, Carmine.

Junky

Well Known Member
40 years ago, most people were more trusting, and more honest. That was a very long time ago, and I wasn't concerned about the money, since getting half the money was still more than what I had involved in buying and fixing the car. It was a 10 year old car, with low miles, no rust, but was just sitting in the driveway taking up space. Who would have ever guessed that it would still be around years later? I would have thought that it would become a daily driver, and run into the ground. Hell, anytime someone is willing to pay way more than I think the car is worth, I would take the gamble on letting it go with half down. Dealers do this every day with financing agreements. I lucked out on this one and got my money. There are a couple that I didn't, but I didn't loose money either. The one that I lost money on, is my '69 Z28 that was stolen.

Junky

Well Known Member
It was stolen sometime around October / November 1973, and I believe that it was stripped of its running gear, and the body was scrapped. Back then, they were not really that popular, even though they were very fast cars. I moved in August 1973 to MA, and left a bunch of cars behind in a locked and fenced property. I was always of the opinion that the person that was staying in my old house who had a key for the compound was the one facilitated its disappearance.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm wondering if he's still on probation or parole. If so, maybe threat of filing Federal complaint has a bearing on his being in violation. :rub

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I am all for a guy paying his penance and moving on in life. Seems like this guy is continuing his old ways if he is still screwing people. Next time he comes on one of the FB 409 pages I should probably warn people. I am pretty sure one of the guys who started the FB page is on here too. Hopefull he sees this and understands more about this guy.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I agree that a person can make a mistake and can change, and or make up for what they have done. Then there are people who make it a way of life, and make no effort to correct their actions or attempt to make it right to the people they have harmed. A mistake is one thing, a continuing pattern of behavior is another. Is this one of those cases? Until I hear different, I have to error on the side of past actions dictate future behavior and will be forced to advise people to not have any transaction with this person.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm not sure how, but I've been luck when ordering from Aubrey. I ordered pistons from him and they came in within a week of when he said they would. I pre-ordered one of his manifolds from the first run and received it when he said I would. Both occurred before he was banned from the site.
While I can't be the only "lucky" one, I do count my blessings!

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
He used to be on the class racer.com website always writing about and posting pictures of his beige '62 Bel Air hardtop and asking for advice and performance tips.One thing he did was to bust up a third member pretty predictably,and asked for advice,whereupon we all told him to put a 12 bolt in it. He, of course disregarded us, then posted pix of some drop out third member type of thing he was going to try. Since he asked questions and wouldn't listen to good advice, we all left him alone. Seemed he got banned from that site as well.That's before anybody knew about this other stuff.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
He used to be on the class racer.com website always writing about and posting pictures of his beige '62 Bel Air hardtop and asking for advice and performance tips.One thing he did was to bust up a third member pretty predictably,and asked for advice,whereupon we all told him to put a 12 bolt in it. He, of course disregarded us, then posted pix of some drop out third member type of thing he was going to try. Since he asked questions and wouldn't listen to good advice, we all left him alone. Seemed he got banned from that site as well.That's before anybody knew about this other stuff.

I'd SAY IT WAS A RUSE. hE WAS SETTING UP ADVERTISING HIS MODS TO THE DROP OUT. AFTER THE NEW ONE "LIVED" HE WOULD SUGGEST BUYING HIS MODS TO IT