Show Cars Web Site

WINTERTEXAN

Well Known Member
I just ordered today and my credit card info didn't make it through, some one called me and took my info over the phone, good service.

About a year ago, our shopping cart company told us they could no longer transfer credit card numbers over the net. (Security reasons by the government) Their only solution was to have them process the card at the time of the order.

We rejected this out of hand for many reasons, you may have ordered something that will take us 3 weeks to build, yet you have already paid for it. With the great variety of parts we offer, there is no fair way calculate shipping at the time of order. Paying up front for parts not immediately available is unfair to the customer and a huge headache for us as a vendor, very difficult to to keep track of.

I do not know if this is truly a federal regulation or if this is a way to force us to use them to process credit cards.
Everybody wants to process credit cards, we get dozens of solicitations a month. We pay in the excess of $50,000.00 a year for credit card processing, and we are not that big. Not only that, we pay a percentage when we sell you the part and we pay the same percentage if you return it for a refund.

When we get an order online, we will contact you for payment information. We keep that information on file for the next time you order. If you prefer we did not keep this information on file, tell us.

If you wish to pay with Paypal, we will total up the order including shipping and send you a Paypal invoice. You must approve this invoice before we can ship.

Bruce

Show Cars

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I ordered Best gasket co. Head gaskets, they came this morning. Gasket is advertised @.060" . Out of the box I applied the vernier's with some pressure between the cylinders capturing both fire rings and measured .058" and on the edge of the fiber measured .057" . Perfect for my application.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Hi Bruce,

I need to place an order and just tried to get on the site and got the following message. Is everything safe?

View attachment 56971

Hi Bruce,

I've been trying to get on your web site since the middle of November. Another board member told me today your URL changed from dr409.com to show-cars.com. Wish I had known. I've been dropping a lot on my 62 SS since then. Always liked dealing with you guys but have been getting phishing warnings using the old url in my bookmarks.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Interesting my log on to Show Cars has not changed. I opened my log in and it worked.
I have a draft order in place and it opened immediately.
Paul