SickBoy

SickBoy

Newbie to this Forum

Hi all! Boy am glad I found this forum after suffering thru trying to get technical answers from the miles of "lowrider" boards on the net! I am currently undertaking the building of a 409/425 for my '64SS and will be coming here often with questions for you all. This is my first REAL engine build on my own. I just recently seperated from the military after getting injured in Afghanistan. On the bright side, now I have the time & money to do what I want even if I don't move as fast as most 28 year olds. Soon I will be posting questions for the initial steps of my build and hope to get some good info. Thanks for the good reading you all have given me so far and I hope to jump in the fray soon. Check out my eBay store as I may have some items you need for your car http://stores.ebay.com/Russells-Impala-Parts. Thanks again guys. Ray.

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome

Welcome to the site and "Thanks for being their for us."

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ray. Welcome. You will find many knowledgeable people on this web site and they all want to help. Thanks for your service in our Armed Services and hope your injury is not serious.

SickBoy

Thanks for all the well wishes all. My injuries amount to a fractured hip and a couple of fractured vertebrae, mostly from jumping. A few close combat soft tissue injuries, but luckily no penetrating wounds. Believe it or not I'm thankful for these aches & pains as I am home in the US with my family now, and I get to spend my time with them or with my cars. The compensation from the military is enough that I don't have to work and I still live comfortably, thay also are going to let my wife use my GI Bill to finish her Master's Degree. Like I said, I'm thankful 'cause I know plenty of guys who will never get to finish their cars because they are to far gone physically or mentally or they are dead. I'm one of the lucky ones. Thanks again guys. Quick question. I was @ an antique store and found some old '62 Bel Air steering wheel centers. As I have a 64 SS (wish i had a '62 Bel Air) I don't need 'em and was gonna sell 'em. Does anyone know if these are being reproduced? The center buttons are in nice shape but not perfect, I guess I just don't know what price to put on 'em. Let me know if you have any pointers on selling these items. Ray.

ww19581965

Well Known Member
Welcome: SickBoy!!

Welcome To The Website, SickBoy!! You Will Be Getting Alot Of Help With Your Car
From The Many Very Knowledgeable People On This Website. I Truly And Seriously
Pray And Hope That You Fully Recover From Your Military Injuries Real Soon!! Also,
I Wish You The Best With Your 409 SS. "Regards:"ww".

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
hi and welcome, like you i was looking for help for my 59 and here is were all the brain power is at. went to norwalk, ohio to meet some of the best people you will ever find and got a ton of great info.

thanks for your service :cheers

SickBoy

Yeah, I saw that too. sucks if you stuck a repro horn ring in a bad wheel. I guess most people with bad wheels would buy a new horn ring just to get the new wheel. I sell the horn rings but they mostly just collect dust. I'll probably get the repro wheel for my car.