Signal lights

1961 Bubble Boy

Well Known Member
Did you read that section in the shop manual?
They recommended removing the cable end then sliding the switch with your hand to make sure it was smooth and showed no resistance and that the lights worked at the two on positions. The key was to set the switch to the dimension they gave (within the opening) then tighten the cable to the switch. Any play in the position of the switch on the column was totally unimportant.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
No BB, I haven't read it yet, but I will. I do want to learn more about it, just in case. I just returned from a one hour and 20 minute ride. Car ran flawlessly. Signal lights worked perfectly. What a relief. I think while I have the car in the lift bay, I'm going to work on the tank sending unit. I would like to get that fixed properly. Makes sense to do it while it's there. I do need to move this car soon and put my '56 straight axle gasser in there. That car needs a little work and I need the lift to do it on, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Turn to page 9-64. It explains the switch is self adjusting. Page 9-66 explains how to check and properly install the switch and set the cable.
Just read it. Not sure how I missed it the first time. Some good info there. Thanks, Carmine.