signal-stat 105 4 way flasher

ken smith

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I acquired a signal-stat 105 4 way flasher to install in my 1961 impala....No wiring diagram!
Has 1 white ground wire....1 brown , 1 green , 1 yellow , 1 dark blue , 1 lite blue....Does this unit take a separate flasher? Anybody have any suggestions how to wire this? Thanks for any help!

ken smith

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Have not had any luck finding info on websites....for some reason the wiring color codes are not all the same.........

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I'm not sure what model flasher my C-80 has but I'm pretty sure it's a signal stat. When it gets light out, I'll see if I can figure out the wiring.

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I was way wrong about the flasher in the C-80, it's a factory part and is plugged into the wiring harness at the steering column. I can't see the wires in the harness, sorry. The flasher is also built onto the frame with the knob.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Is your flasher like one of these ? I have mutli page factory instructions for these flashers. the one on the right shows the instructions open to 2 of the pages. I have at least one flasher with these units
Paul
62 HZD flashers--#7(compare).jpg 62 HZD flasher-# 2.jpg

ken smith

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
So far , so good! All accounted for EXCEPT brown wire! I think brown goes to 1 side of 4 way flasher ( don't have yet ) and wire from other side of
4 way flasher goes to power source.......your thoughts? Thanks for all your help!

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
So far , so good! All accounted for EXCEPT brown wire! I think brown goes to 1 side of 4 way flasher ( don't have yet ) and wire from other side of
4 way flasher goes to power source.......your thoughts? Thanks for all your help!

The Brown wire is described in item 3 and should have an in line fuse. It recommends connecting it to the red wire from battery to the ignition switch but it could be attached to any 12 volt source that does not go off with the ignition. The flasher plugs into the back of the unit and my unit has a signal stat 175 but I would suggest one of the new electronic flashers that flash the same speed with any number of bulbs.The Tridon 552 flasher which should be easy to find should work.

Bill

Oldog

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I still have those NOS flashers in the pictures I posted above.
I can make a copy of the instructions if needed.
Also a friend of mine has one in his 61 Chevy Impala 2dr Sedan and his 1961 Impala 348 convertible.
Paul