Single master to dual

XLR8TOR

I'm not interested in converting to discs (power drums are fine with me), just to a dual circuit master cylinder. I'm sure I'll have to get some new brake lines, but I was wondering if anyone sells a complete kit for this type of conversion, or do i have to piece it together myself. I'm looking for new parts.
Thanks!

impalaragpat

Well Known Member
I want to do same on my 61 Impala. Would later year dual master cyl be a bolt on swap? Works for 66 single to 67 dual on Nova. Buy a 67 Impala cyl and try it on the 65. They are not expensive and be worth a try.
Pat

XLR8TOR

Brakes

Originally posted by fatride
Look here. If you find what you want see if Summit racing or Jegs has it. http://www.stainlesssteelbrakes.com/home/

Already looked there and the other usual places....that's why I came here, to se if anyone had done the swap themself........Don't want discs, just a dual circuit master cylinder with the appropriate brake lines. Is there a kit?

Ed51

Supporting Member 1
Dual Cylinder

I Got one from NAPA for a 69 impala drum brake car and put it on my 63 and it bolted right up.Only had to fab up a second brake line for the rear.The whole thing was about 30 bucks,and it even works!

Dond409

Supporting Member 1
Dual master cylinder

Go to www.chevychevy.com and click on 58-64 chevy. Frank sells alot of interesting stuff for our cars, and he's not a bad guy either. I met him at the Syracuse swap meet last year. He also uses what he sells. He has a very cool looking 61 chevy that has a 350 in it. :cool:

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
You can get the correct drum/drum dual master cylinders from places like MasterPower (www.mpbrakes.com), Godman (www.godmanhiperf.com). It will be a direct bolt on replacement for the stock single jar, minus the new plumbing which you can probably also get pre-bent (although it's easy and cheaper to do your own).