Sirius XM Radio

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. Not sure what every one listens to on their radio, but I have Sirius XM radio in my truck; my main source of transportation. I've been with them for many years. My contract runs from Oct. to Oct. If you don't contact them before it expires, it's an automatic renewal, which is a no-no. So, they send you a notice in the mail about 2 weeks before expiration advising you of this. It also includes a new rate. Higher of course at $199.00 plus tax and fee's. Every year, I go through the same bullshit (President Trump used that word the other day) with these people. It's a game to them. I call and speak with Amad from Bangladesh. Advise him I'm not going to renew because my old rate was $89.00 per year plus tax and fee's. He said he can't match that anymore and the best he can do is $146.00 including tax and fee's. Tell him no thank you and cancel my contract. Now it's a waiting game. Will they send me something by mail to lure me back or call me?? The call wins out. This afternoon, Richard calls me and offers what I just had for $107.00 inclusive. Sign me up coach. Put me in, I don't smoke. So, I have another year at the old rate. I admittedly enjoy satellite radio. Listen pretty much to the 50'-80's channels. I don't think I understand why they don't offer the old rate up front?? They eventually do. Is it because they hope to catch someone off guard?? Guess they have nothing to lose. My mother raised a fat kid, not a dumb one. These people are true creatures of habit, Carmine.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I have to call on my wife's subscription the day before expiration. I used to be on the phone with the rep back and forth with offers until they matched the previous. Now I skip all the bull like Carmine does, I just let the rep know right off the bat that u less they match my previous offer, I will cancel. They then agree to the same rate and I'm off the phone until next time.