Size of drag slicks I should mount on a 15x7 steel wheel.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Tire recommendations for 1964 wagon on a 15x7 steel wheel? Just racing for fun but getting ready to buy new drag slicks for the track only. 9inch wide would be the width probably but how tall should I go? Maybe there is a skinnier tire I should consider. I'm all ears.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I had them on 7 x 15 with a 4 inch backspace when I had the stock rear end in the car.
With the Pontiac rear end I am running 8 x 15 with 4 inch backspace and a 3/4 inch spacer.
I had to do some creative narrowing on the Pontiac rear end to be able to salvage the Summers Brothers we had.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
7" wheel is the recommended size for that tire. A 7" tire is 8" wide, The tread is 7" on that tire so it is right on a 7" wheel. I don't like their price.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I am waiting for the next question, " What Rear End Are You Guys Using After You Install Slicks " :D
Lol. Factory rear in the wagon with a 370 posi. Saving my 9inch Ford 31 spline for my 64 2dr sedan. I only have 3 sets of spare axles so as soon as I burn through those 17 spline match sticks ill put the 9 inch under it. The goal is to make it through the summer without having to put the 9 inch under the wagon. Running a powerglide one more year too so I am hopefull the old girl holds together.