Slick '63 wagon drag car

tenxal

Well Known Member
Saw this at Tri State Dragway in Earlville, Iowa this weekend.

Pretty cool and very nicely done!

CeCJpdZl.jpg

mIIC3OSl.jpg

7hGsHDLl.jpg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Right after I picked up my 64 wagon I met this guy up at Cedar Falls dragway. 383 with a supercharger gets up! Let me crawl all over it, he has a really nice wagon. Its super fast and consistent. Has a back seat still. No way I'm cutting up my wagon though, it has to be the "family car".20200708_142012.jpg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Randy, if I was your kid I would be asking when you were going to paint the car. :D
Would rather spend my time on performance things. Plus this winter will be a full interior install and a 9 passenger wagon is a big project. Especially because the back of the seats are all special floor panels that have to be painted. Next Spring this thing needs all of the mechanicals worked out, new 700r4 installed and working towards getting A/C opperational. So long as we aren't still dealing with Covid next year (there I said it), then I expect to take the family everywhere in this thing plus hit the fun drags on Friday nights.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
There was a guy posting on here a few years ago with a twin turbo 60 wagon, used to drag race it with the lawn chairs in the back, it was a family car and ran in the 10’s maybe. He had a stock rear end and blew it up completely. It was a patina car, kinda cool. Haven’t heard of it since.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I miss the Meltdown Drags at Byron. Sadly they are going to decommision the nuke plant that was always just steaming away when you look down the track. Took me a while to figure out the event t-shirt was glow in the dark.
If I owned that track I would construct a couple 75' tall fake stacks down the track so the pictures taken would still show them in the back ground.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
There was a guy posting on here a few years ago with a twin turbo 60 wagon, used to drag race it with the lawn chairs in the back, it was a family car and ran in the 10’s maybe. He had a stock rear end and blew it up completely. It was a patina car, kinda cool. Haven’t heard of it since.
If you could hook with even 400hp on this heavy of a car, that rear end would be toast. Especially if it were a stick. I don't have to worry much with my small motor and a 2 speed Powerglide. The 700r4 going in will make a world of difference in take off but I doubt I'll put my stroker motor in the wagon. My 2dr sedan is the perfect drag car, not this "Space Shuttle".

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I like the extra body line right below the side trim that looks like it comes directly from the rear bumper ......I guess I’ve never given much thought .....or it’s kind a hard to believe, that Chevy with the Biscaynes the impalas And the Bel Air’s why would they change the quarter panel shape just for the station wagon’s