Slow build 1962

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got the shocks in, air bags are installed, and slicks installed. Sits a little lower in the back with the different springs compared to my old ones. Driveshaft should be here next week and I can install that and then set the pinion angle and work on measurements for the suspension setup. I will have to bring my carbide bits home to open the front of the tunnel up to get the driveshaft to fit yet as well.F3AE38EE-FEA1-4BB3-91FA-A0ACAF711AAA.jpeg

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It might come out close to the same as it was before for ride height but won’t know till it’s on the ground. I went from a 26” tire to a 28” tire in the rear so I gained some height there. The body is probably about 1”-1.5” lower on the tire than it was before. I did put my spacers back in and that picture is with them in. The spacers are 1.5”. I agree with you Kevin level or a little nose up looks great on these cars!

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got her all together today after work and took it up to the scale to get my weights. Got all my suspension measurements so now I can sit down and plot everything out and see where everything needs to be set at. Noticed my slicks rub a little on the inside when I’m turning and the body rolls. I’m considering putting in 1/4 spacers but not sure if that is a good idea or not. Ride height doesn’t look too bad now that it is outside.E9BA92B7-A0B1-490C-803B-0F905EF9C1F4.jpeg6119D316-C4D1-40AF-AF95-F442CE062F4A.jpeg

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I’ve always liked that ‘fast street car’ look. A few of my dads friends had cars like that when I was a kid in the early 90’s, before anyone had big money. Primer ‘glass hoods, mismatch wheels, flowmasters that dumped before the axle, ratty original paint most the time. I could hear em coming up the street and I would run outside. They would light em up in front of the house, man I loved that s—t!!! Made an impression for sure. Your 62 looks just like that:good