Got the front shocks in and spacers. Haven’t worked on it real hard lately been helping a friend put his engine together at my place being he hasn’t really ever put a bottom end together before. Also took some time today and went shooting this afternoon for a change of pace and finally got my 223 sighted in that I built last year.
So finally getting around to installing Carl’s artwork. Also put some thicker valve cover gaskets in as well. Here is a picture of my homemade intake next to Carl’s. She wasn’t the prettiest thing but it did work.
Thanks Dave. I’m not nearly as talented as a lot of the others on this forum but if I never try I will never learn and get better at building things.
Tonight I got everything all put back together. I got the blower all serviced so it’s all ready for another season of running and new plugs in the motor and dumped the coolant for water and some water wetter so it’s ready for dragway 42. I had to change thermostat housings being the one I was using with my homemade intake was too tall and hit the blower when mounted on Carl’s intake. I found a factory gm one that worked perfectly and was only 15 dollars shipped. It got too late to start it and set my timing so that will be tomorrow’s project being I don’t think the neighbors would like me starting it at 9:45 tonight.
Well timing is all set and coolant topped off so she is ready to roll now. Need to drive it a couple time to heat cycle the new rear gears then I can give it a good full throttle test. I feel like I’m enabling you by posting pictures Brad but here are some for your viewing pleasure.
Yup all are full and ready to go! I changed the oil in the blower last night and repacked the rear bearings with grease. I was told old to do that once a year. What’s your thoughts on service interval for the blower.