Slow build 1962

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Paul I did center my bellhousing so I know everything is good and lined up. I didn’t feel any slippage until yesterday when I tried the slicks out and that is when she let go. I got a ram setup on the way now it is supposed to be here Friday. I agree Dave it will eventually let go. I don’t know what to put into it after the super t10 dies. I know some of you huys are running the g force transmission but not sure how that would be on the street.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Well it’s finally white! It’s a little different shade of white than the rest of the car but good enough for now. The paint used was a different brand than what the car was painted with so I think that is why a little different shade. Should have brought it to a place to have a paint analyzer used on it but it’s too late now. Also mounted my fuel pressure gauge. I had one just mounted to the fuel pressure regulator but have had a few times the car would kind of stumble and found out I had low fuel pressure due to electrical issues so I wanted a gauge where I can see it.View attachment 84277View attachment 84278View attachment 84279

Pro tip on the off color. Put a small stripe along the hood on both sides. Few people will pay much attention when their attention is on that blower anyway. LOL! Always use the color scan. :D

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Paul I did center my bellhousing so I know everything is good and lined up. I didn’t feel any slippage until yesterday when I tried the slicks out and that is when she let go. I got a ram setup on the way now it is supposed to be here Friday. I agree Dave it will eventually let go. I don’t know what to put into it after the super t10 dies. I know some of you huys are running the g force transmission but not sure how that would be on the street.
G101 would be fine

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I had a clutch in my chevelle than when it was cold if I got on it hard it would drive through the clutch until it got some heat in the flywheel then it would lock up and work.
Sounds like a sintered Iron disc, they slip till they heat up.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
It was actually a rag clutch or at least I thing that is what you call them. one piece rear main seal flywheel with a 12 inch clutch. Only crap I could find to fit what I was doing. :doh

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave it is a ram twin 10.5. Yes Kieth that is what BSL409 is talking about I am pretty sure a couple others on here are using it but there cars are pretty much race so I don’t know how that one would like street driving.