Slow build 1962

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That low first gear in the 700r4 should really help wake it up off the line compared to the powerglide you currently have! I have some projects I would like to do but am being good at staying focused on this project till it’s done currently but Toms 63 could make a nice dedicated racer I have been thinking.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Got a nice little drive in this afternoon. Trying to take advantage of as many nice days as I can before the snow shows up. Also finally got a picture of all 3 of my favorite things in life right now. The daughter is always hard to get a picture of she doesn’t stay still very long!View attachment 75656

A couple of expensive hood ornaments there Nate.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Started to do some of my rear suspension upgrades. I removed my upper frame mounts and installed my new ones. After taking my left one out I had to look at it and think to myself what the hell was I thinking when I butchered this to install it. I removed the bracket from the rear end also so I can redo that as well. After it shows up I can get it tacked into place and then remove everything from the rear suspension and start reinforcing and upgrading.D566323B-8463-4F2D-831A-FF9D587A483C.jpeg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That low first gear in the 700r4 should really help wake it up off the line compared to the powerglide you currently have! I have some projects I would like to do but am being good at staying focused on this project till it’s done currently but Toms 63 could make a nice dedicated racer I have been thinking.
My buddy is going to help me learn how to build these 700r4 because I have about 4 cars that need them and they are cheap. A few specialty tools and some practice and I'll be in business. Going to also install some upgrades along the way. Heard the internals for the 4L60e fit and are better but he is going to help me make the wagon perform better.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well Dan was right. He made me paranoid so I measured again and was off. I had mocked it all up on the car when I tacked it in place and had measured to the floor to verify my measurements and didn’t bother to double check. So being I don’t have a jig I made do with what I have around the shop and now my measurements match the other bracket.1396AF01-DDD4-4851-8D10-AD5C5903B3D5.jpeg