Slow build 1962

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got my housing back and had to do a little straightening on it. Before doing anything the right tube as 1/8-1/4” back. Figuring when the panhard bar bracket was welded on it must have made it pull. After welding on the upper brackets it went a little more. Now it is perfectly straight according to the jig. 1C9E8116-6E8C-4CF5-91B2-34B1E3972BD2.jpeg4FEB5FBB-09E6-48DA-B1BE-28AD8C92DAD4.jpeg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I spied the dust catching devices on top of the press. Looks like they are in your way. I would be more than happy to send you money for postage and you can send them this way. I'll send you back a card board cut out that would collect more dust to help you out. Keep that dust off you while you use the press. :brow

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No way Randy those are not dust collectors those are shelf spacers to hold up my old side trim I replaced on the car!
Thanks to Stan (cashguzzler) on this site I got some factory seat belt mounts and got them installed for rear seat belts for the kids. Last year I ratchet strapped their car seats in but now they have proper belts. Also got all my welded parts touched up with some paint. Now just waiting on a pile of parts to show up and put it back together!

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Kevin. Just trying to be proactive. Like it was said before it’s easier to brace things up now vs straightening and rebuilding it later. I had read through your build thread for your 61 before and think it is the perfect old school build and looks great!