Smart TV!!!!!

FS560

Well Known Member
Just bought a Vizio smart TV - 55 inch. Model V555-J01. This POS has a simple remote with virtually no command buttons.
Everything is apparently on ROM in the TV. There is not even a pause button on the remote. Most5 commands are activated by drilling down through multiple layers.

Are there remotes available for Vizio TVs that have a full selection of the simplest commands on the remote. I am afraid that this bastard is planning to send me to the insane asylum.

No manual included in the box. The manual is on the screen in text so small that I need eyes like a GD eagle.

I realize that everything these days is designed for 14 year olds or younger and I am just venting. Sometimes I feel like shooting the SOB with my 45 long colt.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Do you have any Grandkids?
:lmao

Seriously though, on Monday I too bought a new TV but I don't know why :dunno A 55 inch mid grade Sony because I have a small living room and that is all it will take realistically. I had a mid grade 46 inch Sony in its place that is now in one of the bedrooms. But, I did get a manual :D

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
In August 2018, I bought a 55" VIZIO Smart TV. I got it from Sam's Club.:doh The picture was decent, and the price was under $ 500.00 bucks. I looked at many different brands, but needed a TV with (4) HDMI Ports. Cable Box, Nvidia Shield, Streaming Box, Windows 10 Desktop PC, and a DVD Player. Vizio was the only one, I could find, that had four.:dunno Any how, the set worked Great for about two month's, then weird shit started happening. Some morning's, it wouldn't turn on. I would have to click the Remote, 4 or 5 times, before the picture would come on.:bang Then, periodically, the HDMI ports started acting up. If I was watching TV, and switched over to Stream a movie, the port wouldn't work, until I pulled the wire out, of the back of the TV, and plugged it back in.:dunno2 This problem affected 3 of the 4 HDMI Ports. At this point, I should have taken it back. Being that it was too heavy, and a pain in the ass, to return it, I put up with it. A month, after the warranty ran out, I turned it on, one morning, and the picture was all ORANGE, with black vertical lines, from top to bottom. I tried everything, to clear it up (e.g. unplugging all the wires and replugging them back in. Didn't Help, it was toast.:bang Unfortunately, I had to buy another VIZIO. This time I bought it from Best Buy, and paid Xtra for an additional 2 year Warranty. This TV is a 70". It also, has a decent picture. It also does weird shit. It has Watch Free and Smartcast. You can use the remote to go to different places. Sometime's when I turn off the TV at night, the next day, the Tv is now on Smartcast, and I have to change it back to Cablebox, for the picture to come on. I must have a Ghost, in my house, that watches it at night. My opinion of VIZIO TV's.:thumbdown To FS560; my original Remote, had many more feature's, than my new remote. If you go to ebay, you will see them. Most are under $ 10.00.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Damn

Had some problems a while back with our TV coming on in the middle of the night. Due to my amazing electronic skills I fixed it.

I turned the TV tuner over because her cats were walking on it, turning it on.....problem solved. :doh

Last edited: