Smilling JACK: New Member

Smilling JACK

I am a 62 year old. I have had many 55, 56, and 57 Chevys. I now have a 64 Impala SS 2-door hard top. It has a 300 HP 327, 4 speed, factory tach, padded dash, skirts, and dual antennas. The serial # is 41447S210254. I have confirmed it is black on black. What I want to know is how many were produced with that equipment. It appears to have 43,342 miles. What is it worth?? :scratch

Thank You,
Jack McKenzie

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Jack, Welcome from your scotch cousin! BTW, I have no idea how may were built, I just wanted to say welcome. :)

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site.:beerbang I can't answer your questions either, but I've had two black on black 64 Impalas and I think they're great!:cheers

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jack, Welcome to the group. This is a great bunch of guys and gals here. I don't think I can answer your Question either but, I did look up the the number of 2-door sport coupes produced in 1964. According to the information I found there were 442,292. I do have another book that may tell the # of SS cars produced that year. I will try to dig that up. I don't know if there are any records that indecate how many SS sport coupes came with what equipment. I am sure there are some other members here that can help you better with that information. I'll see what I can find.

Now guys and gals remember. its always way more fun to be looking through the sideglass. Dan

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Jack, I managed to dig up that other book I mentioned. It is titled Super Sports 1961-1976 by Terry V. Boyce. All the information I could find was" Super Sport equipment was installed on 153,271 Impala Sport Coupes and Convertibles during 1963 production. Then in 1964 of the 442,292 Sport Coupes and 81,897 Convertibles that Chevrolet produced, 185,325 were Super Sport Models." Not much help:dunno but, maybe you can find more information from other members.:hug Dan

bobs409

Administrator
Welcome to the site Jack.

As far as I know, there were no records kept to show how many had small blocks or a break down on equipment/options. At least, I haven't found any yet. :dunno What Dan mentioned is about all I've ever seen.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I was at the Library today and thought I would try and research your question there. The only thing I found was in the 1964 production year there were 8684 Impalas produced that had 409's installed and most were Super Sports. Dan