Smoking bbq

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
That's what I get for following directions. Supposed to take 13 hours at 275 to cook the bird. Put it in last night at 10PM at 275. Put some terrorist deterrent on top so it wouldn't get taken hostage. Barely fit in cooker. Put more fuel in at 12:30. Went out at 6:30 am and the friggin temp was at 180. I only planned on cooking until 160-65 So out it came and I tore it apart and put it in a roaster cuz turkey ain't good for breakfast and the kids aren't coming until noon...:winnerIt was still moist inside.:clap:clap Hardly had to use a knife to cut it, and that's just fine with me. I like tearing them meat off instead of cutting it anyhow. I like it done. Also, a gthumbnail (2).jpgthumbnail (1).jpgreat way to get my hands clean.....and you get much more "dark meat":dunno2Next time the temp will be turned down at least 25 degrees. I put out a subtle hint about a smaller turkey...but...you know.:dunno:dunno

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That's what I get for following directions. Supposed to take 13 hours at 275 to cook the bird. Put it in last night at 10PM at 275. Put some terrorist deterrent on top so it wouldn't get taken hostage. Barely fit in cooker. Put more fuel in at 12:30. Went out at 6:30 am and the friggin temp was at 180. I only planned on cooking until 160-65 So out it came and I tore it apart and put it in a roaster cuz turkey ain't good for breakfast and the kids aren't coming until noon...:winnerIt was still moist inside.:clap:clap Hardly had to use a knife to cut it, and that's just fine with me. I like tearing them meat off instead of cutting it anyhow. I like it done. Also, a gView attachment 88986View attachment 88987reat way to get my hands clean.....and you get much more "dark meat":dunno2Next time the temp will be turned down at least 25 degrees. I put out a subtle hint about a smaller turkey...but...you know.:dunno:dunno
That bacon terrorist thing is some funny stuff :laugh4

Junky

Well Known Member
Wife has a standing order at the turkey farm for a 20 pound turkey, and usually we had a bunch of friends over. This year, it was just the 2 of us. She also made a Coconut Cream Pie... That usually takes 2 or 3 hours for her to do, since she makes everything from scratch. Also, she only makes this once a year, so you savor it in small slices so it goes further after the first cutting.

MVC-001L.JPGMVC-008L.JPGMVC-011L.JPG