Some 4th of July thoughts

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Taking a few minutes to reflect on the 4th

I for one have taken for granted so many of the 4th celebrations in the past.

Hurry to get to this store for the BBQ, beer, napkins, ice cream, did I say beer?

Anyway you get it.

Today I took the opportunity to share with our dealership team members something I have in my possession.

Something that along with the issues of the past couple of years and most recent anarchist activities made me really stop and think back what our fore founders went through 244 years ago.

When the Declaration of Independence was signed and printed, it was done so on a piece of paper large enough for the King of England to see from London Broadside size).

What most people are not aware of is in Jan, 1777 the Congress directed each of the 13 (Now States) to print a copy on normal size paper and post in the main town square so everyone could read what the Declaration included.

I’m fortunate to have an original copy for the citizens of Rhode Island.

It’s dated March, 1777.

While I’m sure this is difficult to read, rather take the time to reflect on what they went through and how their lives ended. Another story.

View attachment 83801View attachment 83802View attachment 83803View attachment 83804View attachment 83805View attachment 83806View attachment 83807