Some Gassers +

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The tree has moss all over it and looks partially dead to me??? The root ball doesn't look like a live healthy tree either. Looks like a dead tree waiting to fall. I didn't see any shoes though.:taunt

Last edited:

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
That event last year was the first full runs with the new heads and injectors, and still sorting out some issues. The run before this one went straight up to the back bumper, then this match up where this 9.00's vega handed me my ass, third run matched with Brian Labombard's 9.00 white 61, who also handed my ass to me. Tough bunch to hang with.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I hope so, Dave. After some discussion with Kinslers they advised me to remove the braces I had made to tie the left & right side injectors together. The 3- piece inj. assembly ( left side, right side, and valley cover) . Each side needed to be free to expand and move with the aluminum heads as they went through they're heat and cool cycles, to prevent the long throttle shafts from binding. Which I did find was happening when hot. Removed the side to side braces, readjusted the throttle plate shafts, then proceeded to grenade the transmission. Haven't tested out this theory yet.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That event last year was the first full runs with the new heads and injectors, and still sorting out some issues. The run before this one went straight up to the back bumper, then this match up where this 9.00's vega handed me my ass, third run matched with Brian Labombard's 9.00 white 61, who also handed my ass to me. Tough bunch to hang with.
When you have 409 injected straight axle nova you don't have to be the fastest to be cool.