Some things never change

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Since I haven't posted in 15 years, I figured most of you don't know me. What can i say, I've been busy I'm glad to see this website is still going strong! Just wanted to check in and let you know my love for W engines is still going strong too. Those of you who saw my black 55 with a 348 will be glad to hear that I passed it on to my oldest son who is enjoying it with his new bride. It still looks the same as it did at the first convention! My current driver is a 55 big window shortbox dressed in original Omaha Orange patina and running a 60 348 work master made to look like it's been in there since new. It has a five speed behind it and I absolutely love this truck. I hope to get more involved here again as I am going into the car hobby full time. I've acquired 200 plus classic "junk" cars and will be officially operating Field of Dreams Classic Auto. I said I've been busy
NUT

Attachments

• 0814180300.jpg
    0814180300.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 34

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Thanks for taking me back! Here is my TX truck from Austin. After blowing out the rearend, transmission, and 235! It got the 348, t5 transplant.
NUT

Attachments

• 0405210959.jpg
    0405210959.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 0826221227.jpg
    0826221227.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 27

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Welcome back! I'm trying to remember your name, was is "Aaron"? We met briefly at that first "Reunion". Lots has happened since that 2004 Convention :).

I recall you offered up your very rare "623" block/engine to Tommy Nolen to complete his blue factory 1961SS car :).

Can't wait to hear more of your new venture!

Cheers! TomK

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Good to see a correctly installed necker knob.
I added that to help when backing up with the non power steering. It is so much easier! and that "on dash" air conditioner works great too.
Hey Tom, yes it is still Aaron. I saw Tommy's blue 61 SS in a magazine when he finished it. And then I saw it up for sale online last year. That is where that 409 belongs even if I do miss it a little.
NUT

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I added that to help when backing up with the non power steering. It is so much easier! and that "on dash" air conditioner works great too.
Hey Tom, yes it is still Aaron. I saw Tommy's blue 61 SS in a magazine when he finished it. And then I saw it up for sale online last year. That is where that 409 belongs even if I do miss it a little.
NUT
Good to hear from you Aaron!!!!!! Glad you are still around!!!!!

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Since I haven't posted in 15 years, I figured most of you don't know me. What can i say, I've been busy I'm glad to see this website is still going strong! Just wanted to check in and let you know my love for W engines is still going strong too. Those of you who saw my black 55 with a 348 will be glad to hear that I passed it on to my oldest son who is enjoying it with his new bride. It still looks the same as it did at the first convention! My current driver is a 55 big window shortbox dressed in original Omaha Orange patina and running a 60 348 work master made to look like it's been in there since new. It has a five speed behind it and I absolutely love this truck. I hope to get more involved here again as I am going into the car hobby full time. I've acquired 200 plus classic "junk" cars and will be officially operating Field of Dreams Classic Auto. I said I've been busy
NUT
Bad and old memory, crs, is it Aaron? If that doesn't make sense, it's cuzz I forgot your name,,,,but I remember the 55.

348NUT

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Bad and old memory, crs, is it Aaron? If that doesn't make sense, it's cuzz I forgot your name,,,,but I remember the 55.
Yep, Aaron is correct. My son was 5 when I stuck the 55 together for the first convention. Now he's 24, been "borrowing" the 55 for many years and is finaly going to buy it from me. Says he wouldn't think of swapping the 348 out. That rattle can flat black is 20 years old. People ask him if plans to paint it and says, NO