Somebody got a deal?

409gang

Well Known Member
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/d/fenton-1965-impala-convertible-and-some/7173588890.html

409 engine sold! Located in Fenton, MO. Steve (409gang) was that you who scored the 409 engine?

Cheers! TomK
No not me, I did look at it before he lowered the price. The block was already .060+ and had rust issues in a couple cylinders besides the welding on both sides. I think he lowered the price to $1700 later which wasn't to bad since he had a pair of 817 heads both 340hp and 400hp intakes 340hp exhaust manifolds and all the other ancillary parts that went with the engine. I would have rather seen the block without the welding over the cracks as it would have been easier to fix without all the weld piled on.

409gang

Well Known Member
Sounds like an interesting garage. 55 convert project
His 55 vert is a PROJECT!! It is a firewall, floorpan and windshield frame on a chassis. The entire body is dismantled but he claims to have all the sheetmetal to put back together. I don't know anything about the power train, he told me he wanted 10K for the 55.

409gang

Well Known Member
It probably could have been saved for one more build but it would cost more than a normal build as it required at least one sleeve and something done with the cracks that were welded.