Somebody Stop Me

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
me: HI, My name is Stupid and I'm a "parts-a-holic". :crazy
reply: Welcome, Stupid, we're all parts-a-holics here.:cheers

I just bought a 4:56 posi center section. Now I don't know what to do with it . Put it in my 61 Impala flat top or my 55 Bel Air 2 dr HT, or my 58 Corvette?
Why did I buy it you ask?
C'mon, you all know the reason,......because it was there.
Now, I need a little stroking. Everybody tell me it was a good and necessary thing that I did.:pray

:roll

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Cecil,this might be a good starting point on that 61' Flat Top of yours.Install the rear and the drive train will follow.Also could be a lot of fun at the next get together or a Good selling point to Dick for the 61'.John

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sorry cecil I'm not jumping on the band wagon on this one unless your planning on drag racing the car your putting it in. If this is a street application you may not like it unless your planning on putting somthing with a couple of over drives behind the engine. Got a buddy here with a 63 split window that wont even drive the car anymore because of that 4:56. I keep telling him I'll help him swap a 3 series into it but he is dragging his feet. So this super nice Vette just sits in the garage:evil Ken

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Good deal?

Cecil:

So you found a new part you don't necessarily have to have, but I'm sure you got it at a great price :). So keep it sitting around like I do, then after some time, an entire new project will spring up around this one part :). Always happens to me!

Good luck!
TomK

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Cecil:

So you found a new part you don't necessarily have to have, but I'm sure you got it at a great price :). So keep it sitting around like I do, then after some time, an entire new project will spring up around this one part :). Always happens to me!

Good luck!
TomK

My point exactly, Tom. I don't need the damn thing, but it looked up at me with those forlorn, puppy dog eyes and said "take me home". I'm such a softie.:cry
Today I go to look at a roman red on red 61 Impala 2 dr HT PROJECT.:eek:
I'm taking a buddy with me to help restrain my impulsive acquiring habit.:nono1:
W'ell probably both give in to the siren song and take it to his house.:dunno
:bang
:roll

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
just can't help it

Cecil, I understand, just purchased a posi only mine has 5:33s. Just could not help myself, the price of $200.00 had a little to do with it. Maybe we should list our cell phone number and call some one on the site when we fell the urge to buy something we don't want or need to talk us out of it. But then, who ever we called would most likely go buy the item.:crazy

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
You're right Wayne, we could call it PAA (Parts-A-Holic Anonymous). The only problem is that at the meetings, we would be swapping stories about good deals we found only to have other members take notes and buy it out from under us.:dunno
I'm afraid we are incurable. With me, it's terminal. I keep telling myself I need to liquidate down to one or two projects, but I can't stop looking. I'm convinced that If I loose interest, I'm dead.:crazy

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Shark like?

Most sharks need to keep moving to stay alive. I can relate to that!

Problem is, when we "move", we position ourselves right in front of projects that seem like things we need to take on, then we snarf them right up :) :) :).

Digestion is the process of completing that process as a fully built object. No wonder I always seem to have an upset stomach ...

Cheers!
TomK

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Maybe we should list our cell phone number and call some one on the site when we fell the urge to buy something we don't want or need to talk us out of it. But then, who ever we called would most likely go buy the item.:crazy

W Head

59 El Camino 348-3,2s
59 Impala 409-2,4s

816-587-XXXX

Anytime..............day or night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSpev

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I think 4.56 would be great. Just need a set of 30 inch tall tires.:doh

I have the set out of my Uncles 67 Z28 (bought new) Wish I had the rest of the car.