soon to have W motor

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
My 62 belair sm blk. Soon to get a stroked 348.

Attachments

• JamCam031.jpg
    JamCam031.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 32
  • JamCam032.jpg
    JamCam032.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 65
  • JamCam034.jpg
    JamCam034.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 97

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
runs pretty good

383 ci in. The sound is great 2x450cfm mech. Holleys, performance a little better than single 4, Idle is tough to get right. Am switching to billet metering plates to get a little more adjustability. I won't waste too much time on it as it runs and looks real good. Going to pull and sell about mid to late summer in favor of the 348. THANKS

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Nice look!

I really like the look of that 1962 BA two door sedan!

A little understated compared to the Impala, but all business underneath the hood! A "W" engine will suit that car just fine :). Good luck with the project and keep us informed about your engine build. If you stroke the 348 we'd be interested in hearing of your choices in components.

I am planning on the same sort of 348 stroker build two egines down the road, for a 1961 BA sport coupe that came from the factory with a 348. Don't have the original engine, but do have a replacement block that cleaned up nicely at .030". Plans are to use a 409 crank and oil pan, either 333 truck heads or 817s off of a 340 horse setup, along with 3x2 intake. I would be shooting for HP ratings in the 350-400 range, depending on heads and exhaust selections. Gotta be a four speed :)...

Good luck and keep us posted!

TomK