Spark Plugs

GCAMINO

Supporting Member 1
I am running a petronix ignition module with a petronix flame thrower coil with I think 1.5 ohm . As far as driving , I drove 35 to about 50 with the last at WOT. Turned it off let it cool , plugs black. as far as checking vacuum, I will check that today. I do have a extra 3662 , and an Edelbrock that I might try. Thanks for the input. I'll post any results.
Gordie

427John

Well Known Member
I've never seen Bosch Platinum plugs work and hold up in any thing automotive.They're worse than Champion plugs and that's saying something.
I've had them in European cars with dainty little engines and had no problem with them but maybe the OEM supplied stuff is better quality,or the dainty little engines aren't very demanding of them.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
The factory Bosch plugs that were used in most of the German cars were not Platinum and worked well for their intended application.The Platinum's were intended for aftermarket use and were absolute JUNK. I had a customer who had a set in a little Mazda 4 cylinder complaining about lack of power.Removing the plugs showed the center electrode burned down to the insulator.The plugs had 6,000 miles on them.That's just one of many horror stories that I personally saw.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The factory Bosch plugs that were used in most of the German cars were not Platinum and worked well for their intended application.The Platinum's were intended for aftermarket use and were absolute JUNK. I had a customer who had a set in a little Mazda 4 cylinder complaining about lack of power.Removing the plugs showed the center electrode burned down to the insulator.The plugs had 6,000 miles on them.That's just one of many horror stories that I personally saw.
3 of The stock OEM plugs in our 8.2 GMC did that in about 4,000 miles, can’t remember the brand.