??? Spark ???

29Coupe348

Well Known Member
ok, here it goes....i rebuilt the top half of my 348 a couple weeks ago, new: cam, lifters, valves, springs, rockers, adjustable vacuum advance. i got it all back together yesturday, and tried to start it up to break the cam in,....it was cranking over, and not even trying to start, then i see gas leaking out of the center carb (3x2's), so i figure its flooded, so i shut the fuel pump off, and wait a little while, try it again, still just cranking. i look over by the passenger side header, and see gas on the ground under the collector, so i figure damn, its really flooded. i check the oil, no fuel in the oil, so thats ok, then i say screw it, and go in to bed. i go out again this morning, and try again, but this time before i try it i check for spark...no inlies the problem...i have spark at the end of the wire, but no spark at the end of the plug (NGK), so i try a different plug (AC DELCO), same thing..i am trying with the wires i used all last year, should i try a new set of wires????..what the hell should i do?????...thanks,mike

1958 impala

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Mike sounds like you prob is weak spark from coil have you cked con on coil?Is your dist in correctly?just my 2cents

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Coil wire

Distributor wire to the (-) side of the coil. Will be weak the other way.