Speeding With Harry Carey

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Harry Carey Joke
Heard this on the radio the other day:

Some former Chicago Cub pitcher was on radio this morning being interviewed, and it was mentioned that he did a pretty good voice impression of the late and great Harry Carey, the Cub TV baseball announcer. So he started telling the story that Harry got pulled over for speeding in Chicago with a friend riding along. Harry says "Watch this, no problem, I can talk my way out of a speeding ticket".

Officer, who doesn't know who Harry Carey is, asks for his driver's license and car registration. Harry says "I don't have one, this car is stolen".

Officer asks Harry to step out of the car, and Harry says "For what it is worth, I have a loaded handgun in the glove compartment". Officer calls for back-up assistance, and asks the passenger to step out of the car also.

Harry then says "I just as well tell you now, that there is a dead body in the trunk".

Back-up officer shows up, and he recognizes Harry Carey. The officers go thru Harry's car, and then the second officer approaches Harry and says "Well, Harry, my partner says you stole this car, but the registration we found says this car is registered in your name. My partner says your have a loaded handgun in the glove box, but all we found were some insurance papers. And then my partner says that you have a dead body in the trunk, nothing in the trunk except a set of golf clubs."

Harry then says "And I bet the next thing that SOB said was that I was speeding!".