Spin on Oil Filter Adapter

While breaking down a 348 motor I bought to rebuild it had a spin on adapter. When I unbolted the adapter and removed it I found a spring with two washers with holes in the hole at the bottom of the casting. One washer was on top and the other on the bottom. A friend told me this was an old style spin on adapter and I should get an new one. Any advice regarding getting the correct part and a vendor or using the one I have?

Thanks in advance.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Show Cars has them,but if the one that you didn't leak,why bother?That engine lived for a while without trouble.