Springfield swap meet canceled

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Portlands Swap Meet was cancelled early april I had lots to sell hopefully 2021 wiil be a go between virus's and politics makes it tough on a guy:crazy:crazy:crazy

RussC

Well Known Member
The Ozarks Antique Car Club did cancel their August swap meet. However...the fairgrounds is replacing it with their own swap. If you are interested you should check with the Springfield fairgrounds

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I saw something on facebook where the fairgrounds was asking who would be interested. I didn't know they were going ahead with it. Is it still the same weekend, Russ?

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Damn, I guess this year is going to be a wash. Oh well I guess that’s an opportunity to save money to buy upgrades next year!:brow

Dean's 61 bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
OK, now i'm going to throw a wrench in the works.....i have heard (but can't prove) that the Springfield, Mo. swap meet is back on and that the previously cancelled HAMB drags at Mokan drag strip is back on Aug. 22 as the "Spam Drags" put on by the drag strip since the HAMB backed out. It will still be held as nostalgia races.....Any body going to Mokan.... Tooth, James, Tom?......anyone else able to get this Swap meet verified???? I will be there with my 61 Impala, Dean

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
The swap meet was held but was very small compared to normal. I'm guessing around 100 vendors, it didn't cover the whole paved parking lot. Nothing in any of the buildings, on any of the grassy areas and the car corral was in the middle of the vendors. We spent about 4 hours there, it was much easier than walking around for 8 and coming back the next day. Didn't spend much money until I left and went to the paint store.