squarepanel

squarepanel

Hi i`m new to 348-409 just wanted to say greetings to existing members. I am from soutern ontario canada,i`m a hot rodder not a restorer [sorry] ,but love 58 to 65 full size gm. I was about 5 years old when i had my hands on my first steering wheel, sitting on my dads lap.His 65 impala ss with a 283 . I geuss this is where i got my love for old cars. At the moment i have four projects [down sizeing soon] 33 panelvan, 33 p/u , 32 roadster p/u and 41 1 tonne all fords. I power by CHEVY ONLY sb,bb and now 348.Don`t know much about the 348-409 willing to learn . Gd`day!

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
squarepanel, Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have some neat stuff...:clap Lots of info here and a great group. Also, remember there is no cursing allowed...:nono1: F#@D...:roll :roll :roll ...Welcome

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site.:cheers
If you have any questions, just ask, somebody around here always seems to have an answer. And the "search" key is also usefull.

squarepanel

NO F {F@@D} word allowed gotcha!!!!!

Thank you for the welcome gent`s {tripower , jim ss409}, and actually i do have a question . I have a 348 (3751872 block) (3732791 heads). I did not know that these heads were one year only untill i found this site, and wrong for my block (oh well). Guess i`ll hav`to find a pair when i`m ready to rebuild. Still unclear of direction going with motor . Drop it in panel as pretty stock w/4v rochester (to used as a driver/parts getter) or in p/u as traditional hot rod . I `f it goes in p/u i have a (3814881 2x4 intake) would i need to find a pair of 409 or 348 heads to match intake. P.s. looking for more show then go!!! And yes i do have a match pair of carter afb, but from 64 buick 425 nailhead (can i use B word).

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
squarepanel. Welcome to your new home. Forget about the #881 intake. #379 and #333 heads are readily available and inexpensive. Edelbrock will be releasing intake manifolds next year and I'm sure they will have a good intake for the small heads. For show only, rebuild your shortblock, find some #379 or #3333 heads , bolt on a nice intake and valve coves and you will have exactly what you want. Good luck,,,,,,,:)