Squirrel from HELL!

chevy man

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Many years ago, I went with my significant other at the time, to Wichita, Kansas, to meet her parents. Nice enough people, but interesting way in doing things. We were going to have catfish one night for dinner, her father Alex, put a .22 rifle in the car, and we went to a pond on a large piece of property that her father owned. I had no idea what the rifle had to do with anything. As we approached this pond, you could see ripples in the water. We got out of the car and he was carrying the .22 rifle. He threw some dog food in the water and some of the biggest catfish I've ever seen, came to the surface. He singled one out and shot it. Netted it and home we went. We were sitting in the playroom and he had that .22 rifle with him. I was watching tv and thought he was cleaning the gun. I wasn't far from him and all of a sudden, the gun fired. It scared me so much, I thought I soiled myself. I jumped up and asked him what he thought he was doing?? He said something to the affect, I got him. I asked what he was talking about. He said he just shot a red squirrel on his patio. I looked in the direction of the patio and sure enough, there was a dead squirrel. I then asked him if he realized he just shot a hole through his sliding glass door. He said no and didn't realize it was closed. I knew his vision wasn't the greatest, but holy crap. Thank God the next day I left to return to NY. Kansas just wasn't for me, Carmine.

That was a unique way of getting rid of you !!! :laugh2 :roll

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I agree. It certainly worked. We never did marry. Nice girl. Just not for me. Together many years. Family had alot of old money. Her parents are deceased. Im sure she is a millionaires by now. She is the second wealthy one I bailed out on. Has to be something wrong with me. The money I could have had access to. Beats picking up nickel cans and bottles. I really have to see Dr. Phil, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Probably laughed his azz off, "Watch me scare this city boy":lmao

But I'm with you Carmine. I'd never go back
Yeah Mike. I was close enough to feel some muzzle blast. Told him to put the gun down, I lll marry your daughter. WTF. I lied. Never went back. An interesting state and area, just not for me.