Squirrel from HELL!

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That sounds like quite up the show Dave. You live very close to that don't you?
I grow-up & live 2 miles away from Woodward. Had many many miles on the 16 mile loop.
My 62 Impala with a 327/pg wasn’t a race car, but I fooled a few. Was good changing rear axles in the day.
Nothing like it was in my teen years, but it’s fun for the week before & during.

425/409ER

Well Known Member
Black walnuts fresh off the tree, never had a tree rat that can resist them. I tie them to the bottom of my trap so the have to set if off. When I see them going in I make loud noises that they run to the back of the trap setting it off sometimes. Funny as hell.

Junky

Well Known Member
Now, how do you trap a small snake in the basement? Saw it briefly last night, after if dropped from a shelf in front of me. I must have startled it, when I turned on the light, and headed down the stairs. There are no mice in the cellar, and it is all poured concrete, so I don't see any way that it can get out on its own. Once if eats all the spiders, there is nothing left to give it nourishment, so it will either die down there, or will get captured. It was quite small, so it must be this years hatchling.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Black walnuts fresh off the tree, never had a tree rat that can resist them. I tie them to the bottom of my trap so the have to set if off. When I see them going in I make loud noises that they run to the back of the trap setting it off sometimes. Funny as hell.

I have plenty of those. :good

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
........trying sun flower seeds tonite...:wacko...will try the black walnuts next........:good

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
How do you catch a squirrel that won't eat peanuts?.....:scratch......any ideas....:ebay
Have tried - bacon - apple - peanuts - peanut butter..........HE IS EATING OUR BBQ COVER!!!.......:wtf
Tried the squirrel gun but he won't stay still long enough.....:taunt.... for me to blow him back to HELL.....:finger

Slightly bigger trap coming UPS today and now I got some sunflower seeds and one onliner said use oranges.

If (when) I catch it he's going back to hell via our water barrel..........:pray

You keep referring to the squirrel as a he? How do you know that it's a he? Did he show you his nuts?:roll:laugh2:laugh squirrels were chewing a hole in the side of the soffit in my son's house and he got a live trap and filled it with all kinds of goodies and caught two. THEN SOMTHING HAPPENED!:pan GOOD LUCK!!!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I had one chewing on the trim on a couple of upstairs windows on the A frame house. I told the boss I was going to shoot him with the .22 She said that will make a hole in the roof. I said shooting up at an angle and the water coming down at that angle not to worry. He died.

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
You keep referring to the squirrel as a he? How do you know that it's a he? Did he show you his nuts?:roll:laugh2:laugh squirrels were chewing a hole in the side of the soffit in my son's house and he got a live trap and filled it with all kinds of goodies and caught two. THEN SOMTHING HAPPENED!:pan GOOD LUCK!!!
Don't you guys know you can't assume it's gender even if it has nuts!!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
When my youngest son lived at home, I got him a blow dart kit. They shoot farther than you would think, and are pretty accurate. He tagged at least one squirrel in the yard but not sure if it was fatal. We have plenty, and they like to chew the redwood posts surrounding the screened in porch :(.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4

GOT 'EM.....:winner..... the walnuts were irresistible.....AND saved a bullet.....water barrel was nearby...:confused
......thanx everyone for your suggestions...........:hug

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Many years ago, I went with my significant other at the time, to Wichita, Kansas, to meet her parents. Nice enough people, but interesting way in doing things. We were going to have catfish one night for dinner, her father Alex, put a .22 rifle in the car, and we went to a pond on a large piece of property that her father owned. I had no idea what the rifle had to do with anything. As we approached this pond, you could see ripples in the water. We got out of the car and he was carrying the .22 rifle. He threw some dog food in the water and some of the biggest catfish I've ever seen, came to the surface. He singled one out and shot it. Netted it and home we went. We were sitting in the playroom and he had that .22 rifle with him. I was watching tv and thought he was cleaning the gun. I wasn't far from him and all of a sudden, the gun fired. It scared me so much, I thought I soiled myself. I jumped up and asked him what he thought he was doing?? He said something to the affect, I got him. I asked what he was talking about. He said he just shot a red squirrel on his patio. I looked in the direction of the patio and sure enough, there was a dead squirrel. I then asked him if he realized he just shot a hole through his sliding glass door. He said no and didn't realize it was closed. I knew his vision wasn't the greatest, but holy crap. Thank God the next day I left to return to NY. Kansas just wasn't for me, Carmine.