SS63NJ-New Guy From North Jersey

SS63NJ

Hi,
My name is Ron and I just found your wonderful site while I was surfing the net
trying to find out where they hid the build sheets on 1963 Impala convertibles manufactured at the St Louis assembly plant in October of 1962. I just graduated my daughter from college, so now I can spend some of my hard earned money completeing my 1963 Impala SS convertible with factory A/C which has been sitting in my garage since the spring of 2002. I've had the 327 300 HP motor professionally rebuilt and am currently detailing the engine compartment before dropping it back in.
In addition to the Impala I own a completely unmolested 72-442 Radiant Green Oldsmobile convertible that I picked up from the original owner in 1991 and am part owner of a 1971 Malibu 2 door hardtop SS Clone that I restored with my son 12 years ago when he was 16. He resently redid the entire drive train with a built up 455 (550 HP), 400 transmission and 12 bolt rear end. Unlike my son, I believe in keeping them the way they left the factory.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome Ron, No doubt your daughter will reimburse you for the college expenses you have paid over the years. This will allow you to do everything first-class on your restoration. Maybe we can talk you into leaving the 327 on the engine stand and find a 409 to go back in. Glad you have found us and wish you luck with the 63. :) :)

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
SS63NJ, Welcome to the site. There is a lot of help and a great bunch of people here. If you spend anytime on here you will be exchanging that 327 for a 409....:roll :roll :roll :clap :clap

bubbletop1961

Well Known Member
Hi,
part owner of a 1971 Malibu 2 door hardtop SS Clone that I restored with my son 12 years ago when he was 16. He resently redid the entire drive train with a built up 455 (550 HP), 400 transmission and 12 bolt rear end. Unlike my son, I believe in keeping them the way they left the factory.

Thats funny. Thats fuuny, dealing with family can be soooo exciting.:argue:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Ron: Had the same thing happen..... Daughter graduated and went back into the shop.. Very interesting collection