Staple Question

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
From the factory it would have a super large staple gun but your fenders should already have the holes in them. May have to use a small drill bit to make the staples go through the dust shields but otherwise a small hammer and a body dowl (or any blunt object) and you can bend them right over and be done.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If you had some serious fab skills you could mod some welding style C clamp vise grips with a staple pad welded to one end and make them look real pretty. :D

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Look closer ;)
You made it look too nice. Painted them and everything. I looked at my welding vice grips and I can see how creating bases and welding them on is probably a better idea than trying to shave what is already there. BUT BY GOD I'LL TRY! LOL! Worst I can do is have to weld on some pieces on to make it work right. I also noticed the base isn't wide enough for the big staple so my idea to do a simple mod just went out the door. :facepalm

Junky

Well Known Member
Not certain how the tool will work on the upper staples, since that is a tighter reach due to the long flap. The original machine that GM used was a large electric stapler manufactured by Bostitch. When I worked in a shop back in the early 1960's putting together boxes, they had one. It used flat staples, unlike the ones GM used, which were round wire staples, but the machines worked the same. This is the same type of machine that the companies that make up reproduction door panels, use to attach the cardboard to the top metal panels, and also the inside the weatherstrips...