Steering Wheel for 63 Impala

Smokey1963

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Gents

Need a steering wheel formy 63 Impala. What year steering wheels will fit this car?

Thanks
Ed

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
That depends on if you want a correct steering wheel or if you just want one that fits your steering column.
63 and possibly 64 Impala are the same.
I think they make reproductions of the 1963 impala steering wheel.
otherwise just about any late 50's through 1966 GM steering wheel should do the trick.

long answer for too short of a question.

Smokey1963

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Car came with out a steering wheel and would like a replacement.

Would like it to look original and have seen wheels advertised as fitting 61/62/63/ and 64's.

Not sure if they all fit.

Hope this helps

Ed

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ed, I believe droptop is correct. 63 and 64 are common e-bay items, at reasonable prices. Be glad you are not looking for 61 Impala, man, those things are a little expensive. good luck........:) :)

Smokey1963

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ron

Thanks for the reply and the info looks like the search is on for a wheel and innards.

Ed

threeimpalas

Supporting Member 1
Ronnie Russell said:
Ed, I believe droptop is correct. 63 and 64 are common e-bay items, at reasonable prices. Be glad you are not looking for 61 Impala, man, those things are a little expensive. good luck........:) :)

That's 'cuz they're the coolest! The '58, '59, and '60 wheels are pretty pricey, too. At least they've got repop'd pot metal available, though. :grumble:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I guess I need a steering wheel lock:roll lucky this one has an excellent wheel except horn not reliable

Dan Hunt

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
62 is close but doesn't have a horn ring.64 isn't even close(for an impala)

Smokey1963

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I was looking at this wheel just today but was not sure what would fit my 63 Impala. I know I can change the center for the SS and also paint the wheel.

Is there a part number that should be on the wheel?