Stepping Up

427John

Well Known Member
Thats why I'm getting rid of my 3 chamber flowmasters, and having the exhaust redone to have the mufflers back up behind the rear bumper like the old 427 galaxies. Probably go with a borla xr1 like in the photo.View attachment 136858
Post a video clip when you get it running, the system on my Starliner uses stock routing but has the old Walker Super Turbos in front of the axle with the tailpipes routed like yours and the turndowns in the same spot as yours. I like it, fairly quiet most of the time except for the solid lifters unless you're really wringing it out then it makes the term loud pedal very accurate.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I have never had one of those manifolds but I would imagine they would have a crossover.

63409impala

Well Known Member
Don't think that will be the same sound with mufflers there. I could be wrong ,but you will find out I guess.
Itll sound alot better I think instead of having like 8 feet worth of tailpipe after the muffler. I hate the snappy sound of long tailpipes. Makes any muffler snap like glasspacks.

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The L78 grind is slightly bigger than the 425/409 but smaller than Z11-2nd design 409 cam.