Still have leaves falling, but snow Friday

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Well it looks like mother nature has other plans this year concerning my leaf pick up.
Was planning to rake the leaves Saturday, but most of the forecasts call for 1 to 2 inches snow here in the Detroit area Friday morning.
Have a grandson’s hockey game Friday at noon, so the leaves are out. ( local tournament).
Besides the leaves are still falling and the snow will melt.
Michigan’s UP they are calling for 9 to 14 inches. And most states from Iowa to the Michigan should be hit.
Sorry folks winter is a coming fast.
Dave

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
WOW. Snow. You know what, here in NY many trees still have leaves that refuse to fall. Not sure what they are waiting for, but I could give a crap less. Suppose to be in the 50's next week here. At one time, all these leaves would concern and worry me. But, not anymore. I have a different attitude and approach. They'll be there when I'm ready in the Spring. Screw them. Mother Nature brought them and she can take them away, Carmine.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
We're getting some snow fall this evening in mid-Missouri but I don't expect much accumulation.

I was out mowing earlier today, even fired up the Corvette!

TomK

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
We had a pretty blanket of white last night, reminded me of the day my first born came into the world :).

Just the other day I was up on ladders painting a dormer. Still have the ladders up!

One a good note, I can see the deer tracks in the snow and now I'm on to those girls :) :) :).

1275 Sunset in the snow.jpg

Enjoy! TomK

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
WOW. Snow. You know what, here in NY many trees still have leaves that refuse to fall. Not sure what they are waiting for, but I could give a crap less. Suppose to be in the 50's next week here. At one time, all these leaves would concern and worry me. But, not anymore. I have a different attitude and approach. They'll be there when I'm ready in the Spring. Screw them. Mother Nature brought them and she can take them away, Carmine.
I know this is History now, but back in Oct. 4, 1987 our area got 6" of heavy, slushy, snow. :rolleyesNormally not a big deal. It becomes a Big Deal, when most of the leaves, are still on the tree's.:dropIt happened all over our neighborhood. Branches and sometimes, whole tree's were cracking and falling over. I sounded like Gunfire. We suffered $ 3,000, damage to our front porch.:doh I hope history doesn't repeat itself, again.:dunno Our F-en Maple tree's still have leaves, on them. :thud

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Man! I'm glad I'm not planning to attend the Muscle Car and Corvette show in Chicago this year. The last time I went out there I got caught in that white stuff on the way home. I don't like dealing with a trailer in snow

We never miss it! Great show

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
the leaves really started last nite to come down. got a inch of leaves in my back yard. will take a few days to clean
that crap up. and still there are leaves on the damn tree and it is raining leaves. jim