Still have leaves falling, but snow Friday

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
So i read where a lot of you are getting snow already. Is this normal for this time of year for you or is it way early!
We are in the later part of spring with temps around 20 - 25 deg C with summer kicking in from 1 Dec

Gav

When I was a kid I remember going out Trick or Treating in the snow in October. In the 60's and the 70's the winters were a lot more brutal in Ohio now not so much.

Mark

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Gav

Snow can happen around here anytime from Halloween. It's been a bit colder here in Iowa this November so far. Sometimes it warms up later in November. I hope so because if it does and the wind comes from the south for a couple of days I'll go down to the Sand Pit and catch a couple of walleyes for supper. The warmth and the wind pushes the baitfish into the north end of the pond and the walleye follow. Winter used to be a lot more fun when I spent a lot more time outside doing things. Now I spend most of my time in the shop working on my shooting stuff and other projectsIMG_20181117_074511150.jpg.
I thought maybe it wouldn't snow this winter but I awoke to about+2" today.:rain:rain

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I was thinking with all the weed growing in the boonies a guy could get high............I remember going to the rock festival in Wadena, Iowa in the early 70's before I was married. You could smell that smell a mile away in the valley when walking in to the event.

You ole Hippy you Dave. Lets hear it for the corn silk smokers.

But the Dems are coming to all you Left Coast peoples aid, they say by 2028 we will not be using any more Dino oil at least not if they can help it.

Mark