stock car motor

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Dave for the #'s

I use to dig for them until I found the 313 more consistant for flow. I did have a couple of the Canadian intake that were better but they are long gone now. As far as pistons go I love CP's if in the buget and then Wiesco and then JE's wieghing in from 374 to 415 grams. If you don't like those prices prodes but heavier. The GM powered rods hold up good to around 400 HP we have about 2000 laps on one motor at a 5/8 mile track with no problems. Almost all of the parts I use are rated at 400 HP and we strech them to 430 HP and 6500 rpm. We do not do hole shots so I don't know for sure how my motors would hold up to brackets. I did build a left over part motor for a 77 Vette I traded for the Apache, It was a very strong street car but I nursed it somewhat off the line because of the Rear in the car but once rolling I shifted at 6500 rpm without letting up on the gas pedal. On the computor program the car was a 12 flat 1/4.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
::D Thanks for the info.As far as the "hole shot " goes.on a street driven car I rarely recommmend a convertor with more than 2500 rpm[2800-3000 on a "lockup convertor"],so this wont cause any issues as far as engine life goes[I usually leave from a dead idle myself].The 350 engine core that I have already has the PM rod in it,and it's my view that a cam that needs to be run to 6500 rpm is too radical for a daily driven week end brawler anyway.I had heard good things about these rods,but needed input from someone whose been there,done that:deal

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well Practice is over and the tour race is over

I just got done reviewing this tread and the most import Question has not been asked and that is what chassie and body are you running? Any track rules would be a help.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
I will get a copy of the rules for you. Racing was rained out this week. I will be out of town for the next two Fridays of racing. Having Johns Industries build a 9 inch for the car. That is the same place that built a 9 inch for my 62. The car is a 85ish Monte Carlo. Frame has an x welded in it and beefed up front to rear. Stock front and rear suspension except for the 9 inch going in over the winter. How did you fair Derry? Good I hope.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Not good at all

We were not able to recover from the previous race accident and do both the Test date and the ACT Tour race on Saturday. We thanked them for the Invitation to test and that we would be ready to support the Tour coming to our track on Sat. Sat we were racey in practice, started third in the Qualifier got drug back to nineth and fought our way back to third and qualified for the Nutmeg 100. Started eleventh in the feature but tightened the car to much for the rubber on the track. We got drug backfifteenth and fought back to a tenth place finish. We out smarted ourselfs if we left the car alone we should have won and still would have gone to New Hampshire with the win. Sometimes the smartest thing is to do is nothing.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
The driver Jesse keeps wanting to change springs, and I tell him to leave it alone. It handles good. I won't even change the timing on the motor since it runs so strong! Sometimes doing nothing IS doing something!