Stock market

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. Is anyone here, other then myself, invested in the stock market? I've been dabbling in the stocks since 1985. Overall, I've done fine, but I've never seen it so volatile as I have lately. Use to be some minor ups and downs, but now it thinks nothing about dropping 700-800 points in one day.. A few days in the row at that. I think some gains for the year have recently been erased. I have no desire to bail out. It will come back. It always does. Besides, what would you do with the money anyway?? Savings accounts are paying about 0.75% interest. A 12 month CD in my area is paying 2.50%. Then there is this Bit Coin-crypto currency which I try to understand, but don't. Sounds like a Ponzi scheme to me, Carmine.

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
i believe 1988 there was a 600 pt drop when the market was just over 1k. it bounce back. even if we go into a recession
it will bounce back. depending on your age and need for cash. if you need cash go to bonds or cash if you are getting
a little scared. jim

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Yes, I have been watching it. Now that I am retired, my 401k is now the majority of my income. As of now, I have lost everything that I made this year and moving to the bond market doesn't look much better. Just don't follow my example - I always seem to buy high and sell low. Good instincts - just a little late on the execution.
John

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Humans have all but lost control of the day to day buying and selling. It's all computer based algorithms. Some are decrying that loss of control and want a little more say in the day to day process. I am not invested as heavily today as I was but still have a sizable portfolio. My investments are currently high risk. Overall the markets have been very good to me, so much I can sit back and play the game with my last IRA.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
so far I have yielded 110% of my investment in YUM brand foods...it's KFC Asian market...can't lose selling chicken in Asia...they don't eat burgers...look into it...the american indexes don't effect Asian markets as much...