Stock valve covers, wire loom tip?

Tman

Well Known Member
Lots of you probably have done this or at least know of it. But, when I powdercoated my covers, I had to get the stock "plastic" back on the wire holders. I bought a can of black tool handle dip and it came out great. Cut the excess off with a sharp knife.

Attachments

• P1010080.JPG
    P1010080.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 119

gearhead409

Well Known Member
Tman

that engine really looks good sitting in that old ford. my wife and i have a tripower 409 in a 51 chevy pu and i was wondering what i could do to the intake manifold to make it look better. whats your secret? yours looks nice!

Tman

Well Known Member
gearhead, that is a stock steel intake POWDERCOATED with a color called "bead blast aluminum" It cleans up easy and hasnt stained from gas one bit.

bobs409

Administrator
Tman,

Great tip! Would it be ok if I add this one to our Tip/Tricks page? I'll put your nickname with it so you get the credit. :brow

Bob

Tman said:
Lots of you probably have done this or at least know of it. But, when I powdercoated my covers, I had to get the stock "plastic" back on the wire holders. I bought a can of black tool handle dip and it came out great. Cut the excess off with a sharp knife.

Tman

Well Known Member
Not a problem! It did take severla "dips" to get enough on the holders. I think I dipped them 3 times in about an hours time.