stroked 409 RPM limitation

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dave, that sheet is for standard or raised port head??? Not mush good without an intake on there to choke it off and really see what air the set-up moves? With those numbers, 7200+ should be quite do-able IF the intake can get close to that???

Was at my engine shop yesterday. Talked about a bunch of stuff for BBc. We took a stock "sorta" cleaned up 840 sq port 427/425Hp head and my cheapie aftermarket head that made 890Hp on a 540. But I also took 5 intakes I have to see how the heads flow and what happens when each style intake is put on. Once we get a hand on the sq ports, I'm going in with my 215 '69 427/390Hp oval that are ported. I have 4 intakes for that. Just need to see what is what and where to set these motors up.

Now since this is the 348/409 website. We touched on a few things. It will be a slower process as this is FAR from the mainline that a business need to survive. They are redoing "mostly" Vipers, Vette's and muscle car stuff. Getting into more of the exotic market like BMW's Porsche and Ferrari's. the funniest story I was told is about a BMW 750Li. In the 1/4, it beats modified Z06 Vette and other muscle cars!! BUT will also out run most of the exotics on a road course!!!!

Back to the '09 stuff. Seeing that these engine like the lower RPM's for the most part, we talked about a few different ways to go. EVEN to the point of getting a set of pistons like Aubrey did. 4.25 stroke, .068 over bore, lightened gas ported and 14.5 to 1's. We wouldn't hesitate to use those slugs in a semi-daily driver with alum heads. Just don't know if we can control the detonation with steel heads. One thing I noticed with MY 409/476. I run the .714 solid roller (I think as per Jim) cam. Aubrey doesn't even offer one on his site. But we have hyd rollers that will work in the operating range that people are talking about.

By the way, I just want it know that I DO NOT like this Edelbrock 2X4 intake I have on my '09!
That must one hell of a modified BMW! The 750 Li, from the factory appears to have about 10 pounds/hp (4600lbs/445 hp).
The Z06 has a power ratio of better than 6 lbs/hp (3580/650).
Talk about Bunches of Money Wasted/spent!