Student loan handouts bribe

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl:appl

I really cannot understand any person, that believes it's ok to borrow money for anything, get the full benefit of that money, and think they should not have repay the money they borrowed. I was listening to the radio the other day. A lady being interviewed said that paying the college loans was like throwing money in the garbage. And that if the loan forgiveness doesn't pass, she was going to join a group that is just flat out refusing to pay their loans. :finger I know there have always been people that were delinquent on loans etc. However, those people didn't publicly pronounce their refusal to pay a legally binding contract. What has become of people that believe this is ok. That they are not responsible for loans they take out? Oh, yea, I remember now, it' the liberal and democrat mental disorder ideology.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
If I have a significant loan and some Politician says he wants to wipe it out, I'd be Oh yea:dance
That's the point "buy votes".
Absolutely buying votes. As for the for a wipe out. I guess it's a personal decision. For me, not being responsible for my actions and or debt is a reduction in my integrity.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Absolutely buying votes. As for the for a wipe out. I guess it's a personal decision. For me, not being responsible for my actions and or debt is a reduction in my integrity.
Are you buying a home? If so, if Newsome announced tomorrow he was forgiving mortgages and you qualified you would say "no thanks"? Yea right.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Are you buying a home? If so, if Newsome announced tomorrow he was forgiving mortgages and you qualified you would say "no thanks"? Yea right.
First it's not going to happen, and the mortgage is basically paid off. Second, even if it did, society sees me as a white male knowing nothing of my heritage, I would not qualify based on color of skin and sex. Third, I would not qualify because of income. And lastly, thanks for assuming you know what I would do. In future decisions I will run them by you first for consideration and approval. After all, you know what's better for me, and what I will do. And I appreciate it. :good

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I am totally against any movement that "forgives debt" willfully incurred and this one (college tuition remission) is a blatant grab for votes in that age category. Maybe a smart move politically but a bad policy overall.

It is too easy to secure loans at favorable interest and the default rate is not surprisingly correspondingly high. I know a couple who racked up over a quarter million in student loans and they lived in high end rentals and drank top shelf scotch.

I looked up my Alma Mater, it currently costs approximately $74,114 per year (9 months) and I was there for 8 years (it was the 70s but still expensive by the standards of the day). My parents were not able to contribute to my academics (Dad was a milkman, Mom a homemaker but I had a scholarship and worked summers painting houses to pay for College in the Fall. I could have borrowed to cover my expenses, but I was determined to do it on my own. I do remember having to borrow $4300 from my grandparents for my Senior Year, paid them back in full (no interest).

I have little respect for persons who get themselves in debt with no pathway to reduce that burden. This national policy needs to be buried along with the committees that come up with these ideas...

TomK

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It's actually amazing to me any of this happened. I surely thought the democrat "fix" was in place there of all places. Guess they'll have to sneak in some more liberal judges!
Exactly why they want to expand the court.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Exactly why they want to expand the court.
It's funny, but not really. When the left has the majority on a court. It's fair, normal, etc. When it starts to turn they ask, don't you want a dissenting vote. When the right has the majority on a court, it's racist, stacked, illegitimate, and lately, and activist court. Really, liberals and democrats calling people on the right activist. Wow! And they say it like nobody sees the blatant insanity and hypocrisy of their statements. However, I don't really hear anything from the right, so maybe it isn't seen :dunno Or maybe they are just cowards.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I want to the court to focus one the Constitution. Period. Thats all they need to do. No politics or agendas. Is it constitutional or not.
I agree. Just the law as it was intended. Not reinterpretation. Not if I don't like the outcome. No left, no right. But nooooooooooo