Summit Racing

bobs409

Administrator
I really like Summit Racing. They have an awesome selection of parts, free shipping on orders over $99 dollars and ship lightening fast! Prices are good for the most part but like any business, it can pay to shop around. (I have found a few items that were over priced)

Returns are easy however if your returning just for buyers remorse or changed mind, they will deduct the return shipping from your refund. If the part is defective or anything that is their fault, they pay. Seems fair to me.

They are one of my first choices when I need "stuff". :D

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Summit has always treated me good.

A few years ago, I called them for something and they were out, or didn't have it. The sales guy told me to hang on for a moment and he'd get right back to me. Well, it only took a moment. , and he told me he had just contacted Jeg's, and they had the item !
Never, ever, heard of that being done before.
How cool is that !
I don't normally buy from Jeg's, but I did that day.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I ordered wrong parts recently. Called to return and order the correct ones. 100% my fault.
Summit discounted the new parts and shipped (new and return) on their dime.

Old fashioned service, nice to see a company like Summit training their people to think like this, like also calling Jegs for you Randy. I've ordered from them in the past, also a very good experience.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Summit is the model for all to follow. My problem with Summit is I hate to see the big guys eat up the small sellers. Fortunately Summit doesn't carry every thing nor at the lowest price on many items.

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
......100% agree and in Canada it's a hassle getting anything shipped from the US.......:pray
Have used Summit for over 25 years but over the past several years they have refined their
shipping to the great white north and now I use them exclusively........
shipping rates have been reduced, they collect Canadian taxes of 13% (there are no
duties because of free trade) and the parts are delivered by Fed Ex ground out of Toronto......:love with no add on charges
like those crooks at UPS.......:furious
My orders arrive in just under 48 hours........:clap.......now if there was just something I could do about
that damn 30+ % exchange rate.............:doh

:cheers
bj

ragtp66

Well Known Member
I really like Summit Racing. They have an awesome selection of parts, free shipping on orders over $99 dollars and ship lightening fast! Prices are good for the most part but like any business, it can pay to shop around. (I have found a few items that were over priced)

Returns are easy however if your returning just for buyers remorse or changed mind, they will deduct the return shipping from your refund. If the part is defective or anything that is their fault, they pay. Seems fair to me.

They are one of my first choices when I need "stuff". :D
Bob,
Not sure if your aware of their price match policy, but Summit is VERY good about if you can find a lower price on an identical item exceptions are auction type sales, ebay, etc they will beat the advertised price by a $1. I have never had them NOT match/beat a price. I will find the receipts to back this statement up but they price matched a set of Michelin Tires I bought for my old Trailblazer SS, I did not honestly think they would match the price because it was about $100 per tire less on the set of four plus free shipping, but they did in fact beat the price and to boot I got 12 mos same as cash on the Speedcard.

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I am lucky enough to live close enough tho the Akron store to go there... It is huge!! They have damn near everything in stock, open 7 days a week until 9 PM, and give Summit bucks back... They really are easy to deal with..
Rick

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I am lucky enough to live close enough tho the Akron store to go there... It is huge!! They have damn near everything in stock, open 7 days a week until 9 PM, and give Summit bucks back... They really are easy to deal with..
Rick

But then you have to pay sales tax, right?

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Summit is so big Mike that they probably charge everybody sales tax. It's a govt't thing.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Summit is so big Mike that they probably charge everybody sales tax. It's a govt't thing.

They can only charge sales tax for states they have a facility in. That's why they set up their western warehouse in Nevada, to go after the very large Calif market while excluding the extra tax burden. "Free" shipping from them works for me since I don't pay sales tax.

bobs409

Administrator
Summit never charged me sales tax. Amazon does however. :rub

The government is trying REAL HARD to make it for everyone on all sales. And you know what, even if they got that, they'd want more! Just piss it away on ridiculous nonsense! :bat

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Summit never charged me sales tax. Amazon does however. :rub

The government is trying REAL HARD to make it for everyone on all sales. And you know what, even if they got that, they'd want more! Just piss it away on ridiculous nonsense! :bat

You don't live in Ohio, no reason to charge you sales tax. Amazon must have facilities in Pa in order to charge you sales tax.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I've bought from Summit and Jegs since about 1990 and have ALWAYS had excellent service from both of them. Summit opened a store/warehouse in McDonough, GA some years back. It's about 65 miles away. It is amazing to go to a speed shop with a "showroom" nearly the size of WalMart plus a warehouse attached so they have about anything you could ask for in stock. Excellent if you need something right away to just be able to go pick it up that day. ALSO excellent if you need to pick up something that you'd normally have to pay "truck freight" on due it being oversize.
Since they opened here I have to pay sales tax whether in store or delivered to my door so I've done more business with Jegs just to avoid the extra 7% tax rate.