Summit Racing

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Something else for any of you who live in Ohio, GA, Nevada, or wherever else they may have a store:

Stop by sometime when they are having one of their special sales. I've bought things that I needed for well under 50% off.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You don't live in Ohio, no reason to charge you sales tax. Amazon must have facilities in Pa in order to charge you sales tax.

More and more companies now charge state sales tax when you order regardless of whether or not they have a facility in the state. I assume the Feds are getting after them. I have ordered a lot of parts for work from companies in Minnesota and they hook me for sales tax, although if I have it shipped to our fertilizer plant which is out of city limits I can get by without the 2% city sales tax.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
They will match if it is a "nationally" advertised price. They wouldn't match the price on my rotisserie because you had to create an account to get the shipping cost.

ragtp66

Well Known Member
I had them price match a set of Michelin tires for my old Trailblazer SS at the time Summit was about $330 a tire and they price matched and beat the best price I could find which was $278.75 per tire. The guy took a little while and had to get a supervisors approval because he said it was below their cost but the supervisor went ahead and approved it. They were offering 12 months same as cash at the time plus the additional $70 rebate that I mailed in. I have never had them not match a price as long as the item was in stock and the shipping charges were taken into account. Summit.jpgSummit2.jpg