Suoer T-10 4 speed 1st gear

rconnors

Been away for a week or so but came back with a super T-10 with 6 grooves on input shaft which tells me 1st gear is 3.42....how will this work bolted up to a 350 ZZ4 with 405 ft. lbs torque and a 3.36 posi rear...have poly center bearing in car now...rearend all rebuilt with new bearings. Richmond gears website lists these trans and the 1 st gear 2.88 one has a torque rating of 300 lbs. They do not list a 3.42 1st gear. I am replacing a short tail 350 turbo and shortened the driveshaft for this setuo and have been told the driveshaft will be fine when the 4 speed is installed. Also told the yoke will work with the 4 speed. Again thanks to all.........

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The 3.42 first gear is a little lower than you need but it'll still be fine with your 3.36 rear axle gears.
The Super T-10's are pretty strong, I'm always surprised how low the ratings are. I think the ratings are very conservative because people have been running a lot of power through those transmissions for years and they usually hold together just fine. I think it'll hold up fine even with some mild abuse.
The Super T-10 has a larger output shaft than the TH-350. It uses the same yoke as a Turbo 400 but the rest of the driveshaft might fit right in because I think the TH-350 and Super T-10 are about the same length.
You may have trouble finding a yoke that will fit the large output shaft and also fit the smallish 1310 series factory U joint. You might have to get a yoke that fits the larger 1330 or 1350 series U joints then get an adapter style U joint.
http://www.drivetrainoutlet.com/Dri...r_Conversion_U_Joint_1310_to_1330_Series.html