Super Chevy at Route 66, Joliet this weekend

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The photographer from Muscle car Revue will be at 66 taking pictures and a guy I know spoke with him and was hoping to get pics of a bunch of our cars. I know it's last minute, but if anyone needs something to do, have at it.
I told him they can let us know diring the winter so we can plan to come. They want to get back to more drg racing at Super Chevy. I know they went big on auotcross. I don't know about you guys, but I know my car doesn't like turns.
Bob

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The photographer from Muscle car Revue will be at 66 taking pictures and a guy I know spoke with him and was hoping to get pics of a bunch of our cars. I know it's last minute, but if anyone needs something to do, have at it.
I told him they can let us know diring the winter so we can plan to come. They want to get back to more drg racing at Super Chevy. I know they went big on auotcross. I don't know about you guys, but I know my car doesn't like turns.
Bob

Bob the front man for 2020.....:appl

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Heard this weekend that they will no longer have a Super Chevy at 66. It is rumored they lost 100k on the last one.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
The REAL Super Chevy events were in the 80's and 90's. It was like Chevy Heaven, Christmas every event!!!!! It was the greatest thing since factory sliced bread and peanut butter!!!!
My theory is they were so popular that they expanded too big!!! Diluted the whole process!!!!!
Man, I'm glad I lived thru those times!!!!!!! Can not begin to name all the friends I made during those years!!!!!
RIP SUPER CHEVY

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Bob the front man for 2020.....:appl

Muscle Car Review magazine has been discontinued.
I just got a e-mail from the publisher -Ten Publishing - I still had issues left on my subscription:( :gaah
They offered me online versions of Hot Rod, Motor Trend, and 4 wheeler

Paul

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
End of an era for sure. Today, Car Craft, Chevy High Performance, Petersen's 4 Wheel & Off Road, JP, Street Rodder, Super Chevy, Classic Trucks, Vette, Lowrider, Mopar Muscle, Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, Hot Rod Deluxe, Muscle Car Review, Mustang Monthly, Diesel Power, Super Street, Truckin', Truck Trend, and Automobile magazine were all eliminated. Its true

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I hate reading articles online. Just seems like a strain on the eyes. I think super Chevy Indy went downhill when they started screwing everyone over like making anyone who had nos parts buy an overpriced spot on the midway. Or getting rid of the smaller food vendors and making everyone buy the overpriced and crappy track food.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Ennis, TX!!!!!! My black dually and black enclosed trailer were parked at the end of Manufacturers Midway. Had a 40'x60' tent and a lot of NOS parts displayed.
Up comes one of those cooking trailers parked right next to my dually and trailer and fired up their grills!!!!!! It was kinda windy. Within 30 minutes my dually and trailer were covered in grease!!!!! And a lot of my parts!!! I complained to every Super Chevy guy I could!!!! All I got was the grease wagon was not moving!!!!!! I WAS PISSED!!!!!!
Took dually and trailer to car wash after the event and spent weeks cleaning parts after we got back to the shop.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Had the same thing happen at a swap meet. Couldn't believe how much grease was on everything. To make it worse, it was windy and all the dust stuck to the grease!