SUPER CHEVY NATIONAL TRAIL RACEWAY COLUMBUS JULY 28-29TH

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
NICE........ I remember seeing a Chevy rumble magazine that had the code red car in it the gentleman also owns a 63 titled "ghost from the past" love that car .......

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Had a great turnout with 18 cars racing. Only had two go down Kevin Wilsons electric system had some issues after a couple of runs and Merle Whited had something go wrong not sure yet and a flat tire. All in all it was a great weekend. Martin cleaned out all the mouse poop with a blazing 12.60 pass against James Schrader ( James did a little work on Martins car to help him out). Brian nearly matched his best time running a 9.05. Dave Mills on maiden voyage nearly scraped his license plate down the track but some great driving laid it down nice and smooth. Denny Fords little nova kept getting faster and faster as they worked the bugs out ( It's a rocket). Ricky was the beast of the day taking out last years track champion in the fourth round I believe. Lonnie ( the assassin) as always was doing great making I believe 4 rounds he had a great pit crew with his two grandsons keeping a eye on him. The old Coot was doing great again too if he would have only checked all of his dial ins he would have still been in it with Ricky. Ragamuffin also made it at least 3 rounds I know of. Red Williams also made it out and ran some passes with us it was a great honor to have him there. You can never forget Mark Steele he keeps plugging along and made two consecutive passes at 14.32 and 14.31 great job Mark.I think those are the highlights ( I'm sure there are more that's just all I can think of right now I need some sleep) anyone has anymore please post up. Great times with great friends pretty sure we all had a great time. Oh yea the saying of the weekend was ( Meaner than 18 sons of bitches) lol

Thanks again to Loreen for all the work she puts in for us. Thanks to Dave Mills, Bo Martin, Rich Horn and Denny for making sure I ate and had a place to lay my head.

Last edited:

de31168

Well Known Member
I picked the worst time to make my best pass of the day... I caught that S10 before the finish line and let off and still went 10.02 on a 10.05 dial.. he went 11.88 on his 11.89 so I was just a little bit worse. That's racing! I know the 409 guys showed em we are more than just exhibition cars! Great job everybody!